The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index The Owl Pages Forum
Discussion about Owls

Recent PostsRecent Posts   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
owl sideswiped our windshield ...blessings omens...suggest?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index -> Welcome & Test Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
california girl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: owl sideswiped our windshield ...blessings omens...suggest? Reply with quote

Hello I am new. I love owls of course.
Last night as my husband and I were travelling south on 101 in northern California a white owl came from our right and brushed our windshield well it hit it actually. He/ she seemed to be fine, no blood on the glass, and then it went off to the left.
This happened around 1;30 am, on a 2 lane highway, in the mountains.

... wondering what kind of message this is...?
any ideas for a ceremony or blessing I can do to pray the owl is fine. It would have been impossible to stop on a pitch black road, to backtrack to find the owl...
I am hoping it is fine and that it doesn't bode for bad news for us.

and mostly pray the Owl is fine too....I think we were lucky the windshield was not cracked so that was good luck there...I have some other owl encounters to share later....thanks...
california girl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...well on a non metaphysical level....

having that encounter helped me find this wonderful site for learning about Owls , wonderful beautiful creatures....and hearing their sounds...very nice..

I have came across owl feathers multiple times...leave them where they are now......

such soft down, even if we had driven back we couldn't have found it at 2 in the morning in the dark on a 2 lane mountain highway, I like to think the wonderful owl made it ok...
owlboy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You most likely had an encounter with a Barn Owl. Unfortunately car impacts are common with owls. If they owl flew off to the side after the impact, he most likely was okay. They are more likely to be killed if they run into the side of the car. Windshield impacts are less likely to kill them.
california girl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the information...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index -> Welcome & Test Posts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: