The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index The Owl Pages Forum
Discussion about Owls

Recent PostsRecent Posts   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hello people :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index -> Welcome & Test Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberKat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Hello people :) Reply with quote

Hi there!

Since I am new to this forum, I thought that it would be a good idea to introduce myself first.

My name is Katarina, (31, female) and I'm from Serbia (Europe).. and I found this wonderful board thanks to Tanja. Smile My interest for wild birds, and bird watching in generally started last summer, so I am still relatively new in all this. If I am to chose some favorite species of birds it would be herons and egrets, but I find owls adorable as well... so here I am... joining owlpages Razz

Apart from bird watching I am very much interested in wildlife and bird photography. I still don't have some pro camera mind you, but I try to do what I can, with what I have (Sony DSC-H1 + teleconverter). Among other bird pix I have some owl pix as well, which I will upload in the gallery I opened here (as soon as I figure out how??). I mainly have pix of Asio Otus so far.... I already mentioned that I am new in all this, and I only encountered owls in wilderness twice (I think that encounters in the zoo don't really count, though I have one pic from the zoo as well, but I hate zoo pix!).

Here is just one of my favorite (and a bit unusual) owl pix for starters (you can find bigger, wallpaper version here), and I'll show you more pix soon.

Smile
owlpages
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Katrina, and a warm welcome to you - love your photos Cool
tanja sova

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmmmmm............LEOs........... Wub

ДОБРОДОШЛА Катарина!

Welcome Kato!

I am very much sure this will be nice for both you and us. Your photos are truly great - having sharp eye, having that sense for important stuff... just awesome. Yes, please post every single owl photo you make, we will appreciate. Deane will help you about gallery, no worries... Angel

It would be also very nice if you have some time to make post when you find owls - like where, when and if are breeding. Owl pellets are also welcome and since Milanche knows very well about other owls in Serbia, such Otus scops, I bet you wil be lucky to have good photo of it too.

Again, welcome to our owl roost Very Happy

Sincerely

Tanja Cute Owl 2
CyberKat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tanja sova wrote:
Deane will help you about gallery, no worries... Angel

Deane?? help! Razz

tanja sova wrote:
It would be also very nice if you have some time to make post when you find owls - like where, when and if are breeding.

Sure. I will. Like I already said, I only saw owls twice so far. First time about month ago, and last saturday. Now that you mentioned, during the bird-watcing in saturday (8th April) we saw few nests, and in one of them I saw (through binoculars) one youngster (cute little fuffy head Razz ) I even snapped a pic of that nest, but as you can see, the little guy can't be seen very well. Oh well... as soon as I have any news, I'll keep you informed.

owlboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katarina

What a great photo of the Long-eared owl! I spent several months this winter looking for one. Never found one, but had several reports of sitings. I downloaded your picture, and put it into my WebShots screen saver.

You would be surprised by the numer of professionals using the Sony DSC-H1 or DSC-828. At 8 megpixels you can print out a poster sized image. Sony has nice 4-color correction, that is great. I have the older 828, but I have not bought a teleconverter yet, but I am planning on one soon. It would be nice if it had regular exchangable lens. Maybe it is not as good as some of the new 10-12 megapixel cameras, but you can get a lot of professional images from it.

You have a beautiful country, and hopefully we will get more great photos and stories from you. Once you learn where owls like to roost and nest, finding them is much easier. Glad to have you on Owlpages!
CyberKat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add that I finally uploaded bunch of owl pix in my gallery here. Very Happy (there are some zoo pix too but I put them as well since I still haven't encountered some owl species in wilderness...).

Oh yeah, owlboy, thanks for your kind words. You should definitely get a teleconverter... it is a great addition to the camera. Cool
High Tyto Soren

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats one of the most beautiful owls i've ever seen! (except Barnies!)
Strix nebulosa

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW and WELCOME! Your a GREAT animal picture taker!!!!!

Strix nebulosa Cute Owl 2
#1 Great Gray lover!
Rochelle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Very beautiful shot! Reply with quote

Meant to reply sooner. That is a real winner of a photo. Thanks for posting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index -> Welcome & Test Posts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: