The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index The Owl Pages Forum
Discussion about Owls

Recent PostsRecent Posts   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
rehabilitating a baby screech owl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index -> General Owling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blairlynn1017

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: rehabilitating a baby screech owl Reply with quote

Hey owl lovers!
i am new on this site and new to fostering baby owls. I have done a whole ton of research.
I have one question. What is the best way to release a rehabilitated baby owl?
I took him outside to see what he does and he flapped two feet infront of me and didnt go anywhere. A sign knowing that he isnt ready to "leave the nest" He eats just fine. he loves his bird bath. He is active during night time and is regularly going to the bathroom.
I was just wondering if anyone has any good tips about fostering baby screech owls. I am preparing him to be released into the wild soon. But he isnt quite ready yet.

Thank you!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index -> General Owling All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: