The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index The Owl Pages Forum
Discussion about Owls

Recent PostsRecent Posts   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Howdy y'all from Austin also!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index -> Welcome & Test Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pathanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Howdy y'all from Austin also! Reply with quote

Interesting there are several people in these most recent topics from Austin. I have seen a total of two owls and a hawk here at my house in south Austin. It is relatively flat, with a decent amount of trees but I think there are several undeveloped plots with trees around this area.

I have chickens, so the feed attracts many other birds. We have grackles, doves, pigeons and what i think are house finches. The two owls I've seen, I described in the sightings topic, but they were small and at night, so I was not worried about the chickens.

The hawk, on the other hand, I think has his eye on my bantams!

I am thinking about putting out a dead mouse on the fence tonight to see if the little owl comes to get it.. you think this is a good idea?

My friend was talking about falconry at the renaissance fest the other day, and I got the idea that I would like to befriend this little guy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Pages Forum Forum Index -> Welcome & Test Posts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: