Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

Horses of the Dawn- A New Series by Kathryn Lasky
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you going to read the new series
Definitely yes!!!!
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Probably...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe when I see the ratings...
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Probably not
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

Lutenissa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Horses of the Dawn- A New Series by Kathryn Lasky Reply with quote

Okay I don't what forum type this would be under but I just discovered Kathryn Lasky is making a new series! Yes, a new series!!! Very Happy On January 7, 2014 Horses of the Dawn will be available to buy in stores! Maybe it's because she ended Guardians of Ga'Hoole, I don't know but this totally came as a surprise to me. Here is the information about it!
SPOILERS
Get ready for a wild run in bestselling author Kathryn Lasky's brand-new grade animal fantasy series.
The horses are in danger. They were rounded up by the two-legs and forced onto a boat to cross the wide ocean. The journey went badly and the boat was deemed too heavy, so the two-legs forced the horses into the sea and sailed away, leaving the herd to die in the deep.

By a miracle, the horses survived and made it to land. All but one -- the ghost horse, the leader of the pack. Now it's up to her daughter, only a filly, to take charge of the terrified herd. Stranded in a new land, surrounded by
two-legs, will the horses find a way to live safe and free?

January 7th really isn't a long way...but already I am dying to read it!

CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I will not be reading this, sounds very bad due to multiple reasons.
Gyfore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommanderEVE wrote:
You're such a downer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems a lot like spirit stallion of the cimarron to me, even the horse on the cover looks like him. I never bothered with wolves of the beyond so I probably won't bother with this one either, since there's a myriad of other books I'd prefer to read/still have to read over it.. I hope it's enjoyable to those that are interested, though!
EzioBubo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't. It's just that horses aren't my animal
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gyfore wrote:
CommanderEVE wrote:
You're such a downer.

Awww. Smile
Lutenissa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why I am the only one going to read the series. I mean, if horses aren't your animal you are very prejudice. At least to me this is interesting. I've never worried that Kathryn Lasky will let me down on books. To me, they're always interesting. I for one will not judge a book by it's cover! Angry
EzioBubo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, then, someone explain to me what happened. Why did I find so many comment on how "Guardians" sucked more with each book? And where do others stand on "Wolves of the Beyond"?
Gyfore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EzioBubo wrote:
Well, then, someone explain to me what happened. Why did I find so many comment on how "Guardians" sucked more with each book? And where do others stand on "Wolves of the Beyond"?
Just because some people aren't a fan of Kathryn Lasky doesn't mean Lutenissa isn't allowed to love all her work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gyfore wrote:
EzioBubo wrote:
Just because some people aren't a fan of Kathryn Lasky doesn't mean Lutenissa isn't allowed to love all her work.

You're right. I'll respect her choice. I just want to understand.
Lutenissa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

❇I'm not really mad but I'm probably so excited because Horses of Dawn comes out in my area. All the Guardians books in my area have to be ordered. They don't even come in libraries!! That's probably why I read only about 4 books a year.❇
EzioBubo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutenissa wrote:
❇I'm not really mad but I'm probably so excited because Horses of Dawn comes out in my area. All the Guardians books in my area have to be ordered. They don't even come in libraries!! That's probably why I read only about 4 books a year.❇

Please tell me that last part is a joke.
Lutenissa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend named Chasity who read 20 Warrior cats books in HALF a year, I'm not joking. And to think I'm a good reader. I knew her when she read the first book. Everyday she would tell me what she had read about. At first it annoyed me a little, seeing as I had already read the series too, but then I realized how good friends we are and now I get to go to her party tommorrow. (She's on the second to last book now.)
So when I say I can only read 4 books a year, Chastity reads maybe about 5 times that in half a year...and those are big books.

That's why I'm excited to beat her. Very Happy
Phantom of the North

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, am pretty excited. I like it when Lasky writes about animals. I'll definitely check this out when I can get it at the library.
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutenissa wrote:
I don't understand why I am the only one going to read the series. I mean, if horses aren't your animal you are very prejudice. At least to me this is interesting. I've never worried that Kathryn Lasky will let me down on books. To me, they're always interesting. I for one will not judge a book by it's cover! Angry

It is not only because people's interests are not in reading a book series about horses, it is also the fact that Kathen Lasky is not the best author of all the Earth, I believe she is somewhat over rated, regardless of her being a writer of children's books, there are far better authors out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: