Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

What Did I Miss?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kludd/PhillipRIP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: What Did I Miss? Reply with quote

I've been gone for a while so someone please tell me.... Why has Night Flight been closed?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

night flight was closed because a couple members were being obnoxious and making controversial (and generally not funny) jokes, taking them too far and no longer making it a place for discussion but turning it into a playground of randomized garbage

it's actually kind of disappointing; night flight was fun when we could talk about actual things and give everybody a general update on our lives, and build friendships on more than just the owl related subjects that the forum is based on. it's up to deane when/if anything like night flight can ever be revived but I think that's highly unlikely to happen, as over owlpages history that was the second time night flight had to be shut down

if there's people you'd like to talk to about general things I suggest PMing, finding out what other sites/messengers they're on, or if you'd like to talk about something in particular you can always make another topic in open discussion about whatever it is you'd like to say

Kludd/PhillipRIP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... So this forum is dead now? If I recall correctly the only thing people posted on much was night flight... I think It'd be better to ban offenders than to cut off the only source of discussion...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still see people post semi-regularly in GoG and RP forums, though not as often as they used to be. I can agree with you on that solution instead of locking Night Flight, but it's out of my hands
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back! It is good to see you, you missed me take over the world and I thought you may have fled in the process. Sad

I have sent you a note regarding what happened in Night Flight.

How have you been while you have been away? As for myself, I have been busy with University, but I am almost finished.
agentklaw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually wondering about making a discussion where people could just chat.
Could we try and recreate night flight? People on the website seem much more mature than what is sounds like it used to be.
DA:
http://klawtech.deviantart.com/
Surprise!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUrzIUC8g_M
>_Mikey_<

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's only been a few months since it happened, so I can't guarantee anyone has gotten any more mature about anything. before anybody decides to create a new Night Flight or something similar I suggest taking it up with deane via PM or the suggestions/comments forum.. I'm all for a new, civilized Night Flight myself, but I'm going to enforce what deane thinks is appropriate because it's probably the better way to go.
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agent Klaw, I already suggested it in another thread, and Gwen said something about how Owlpages was highly against the thread anyway, regardless of what happened.

I might as well go ahead and ask myself, I mean what is the worst that can happen? I get booted off the site for asking a question, please, this is not USSR or DPRK.
Kludd/PhillipRIP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad So what goes on on the forum now?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few people have been trickling in and making welcome posts, but the RP section seems like it's been the most active. *wink wink, nudge nudge*
DA:
http://klawtech.deviantart.com/
Surprise!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUrzIUC8g_M
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people have busy with school and life in general. But it seems that some people have moved on.
Arthas

Location: Beside the moon and a couple of strange triangle shaped objects

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>_Mikey_< wrote:
it's only been a few months since it happened, so I can't guarantee anyone has gotten any more mature about anything. before anybody decides to create a new Night Flight or something similar I suggest taking it up with deane via PM or the suggestions/comments forum.. I'm all for a new, civilized Night Flight myself, but I'm going to enforce what deane thinks is appropriate because it's probably the better way to go.

I have sent an email to Deane regarding this matter. I too want the night flight to be revived for it is like the heart of this forum. Lets see what happens next...
>_Mikey_<

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

something tells me that a new night flight isn't very likely but you're free to give it a go. there's nothing else to say so I'll just be locking this now
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: