Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

John Titor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly and there is also going to be a film made about him called John Titor (Joe Eckardt, 2014). Which makes me wonder, if this whole thing was done by either a dedicated troll or a deeply insane man, as you said, I wonder how he would deal with and think of if that film was made. And also, if he was a time traveller, he may have known about this film and did what he did for that reason.

But indeed interesting nevertheless, thank you for sharing this, as I did not know before you told me. Now I have something to think about, as I was thinking about it quite a lot last night.

I have also asked my friend, who is majoring in physics. And this is his response:

http://comments.deviantart.com/4/13867428/3172442180
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, they got MAD!
I don't know a thing about physics, so I really don't know. As I said before, I think the whole thing is a hoax, but I think it's the best hoax ever. He went to great lengths to come up with his story and I'm enjoying it Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I guess my friend took it seriously, as I think he dislikes these hoax's.
Kludd/PhillipRIP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read the wikipedia article... His story is interesting and almost convincing until you see none of his predictions came true...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they never occurred because his very presence (not to mention his predictions) in our timeline altered its path.
agentklaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooooh, deep, Nyra.

It is true, that he could have told everyone that so it wouldn't happen.

Anybody ever seen Misfits? If you got to about season three, you would understand why I brought it up.

(Don't want to type any spoilers)
DA:
http://klawtech.deviantart.com/
Surprise!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUrzIUC8g_M
Kludd/PhillipRIP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the article he said that he couldn't change the future any more than we could, and he wished things didn't have to happen the way they will. This reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode where a man tries to change history for the better by killig hitler, saving Horoshima, ect... but no matter what he does he always fails to make things better.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also keep in mind that he said that when he traveled back in time, the divergence of history increased. Meaning, the farther he traveled the more "strange" our time seems in comparison to his. As he said, if he traveled back in time to see the birth of Jesus, it's more than likely he would enter a timeline where Jesus was never born. When he went into the past, he was not going into his own world's past, but some other past; plus, there's the butterfly effect and even though he said he can only affect our timeline as much as we can, that doesn't mean he can't do a lot.

It was never his goal to change the past, anyway. He just needed to retrieve the lost technology.

Also, to Eve's friend, I have a couple quotes that might be interesting (obviously the other guy doesn't want to hear anymore though Razz ) They're just little snippets about why he needed the IBM in particular, how he maintained his spot on the earth, etc. I honestly have no understanding of physics though so while Titor has several posts going into complex equations I have no possible way to tell if any of them are remotely plausible.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could engage into a conversation with him on the link I posted, if you have questions. He is friendly. He will just explain how it does not work and fit together. Wink
Kludd/PhillipRIP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... If he is some troll it makes it impossible for people to say "Your prediction didn't come true so you're fake." Apparently a movie is coming out about him: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2660872/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's got to be a hoax- an interesting one too. It's hard to believe that a time machine can be made in 23 years. But, it is very interesting like you said. Wouldn't John Titor be born already if it is true?
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, he would have been only a couple years old in 2000 Razz

John Titor wrote:
"It saddens me that you do not realize your true worth as a keeper of information and experience. Perhaps the end that we fear will open your eyes to your true value as an individual. Young people need wisdom. The captain of the ship knows where the lifeboats are."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/search/?search=Search&query=John+Titor

If you can sort through all of the UFO/alien crap there's a lot of good John Titor stuff AND a interview with the family of young John Titor If you can find it Razz

"May warm winds find you
And the darkness of night hide you" (Wingclaw)

*NEW* I have a Discord app server named Lazy Owls, If any one wants in pm me...
Lutenissa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad For the last time, he is just a hoax! You can't time travel- seriously, coming from me, younger than all of you! You can't go back in time, think about it! How can you link back in time? You cannot just go back in time. To go back in time, you'd need a link from the old days or future links to connect you to now. Not trying to be so edgy, but it is impossible. I deny he is real- it is that simple! Prove there is a way he's real! Angry Twisted Evil
Bellis Wingclaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutenissa wrote:
Mad For the last time, he is just a hoax! You can't time travel- seriously, coming from me, younger than all of you! You can't go back in time, think about it! How can you link back in time? You cannot just go back in time. To go back in time, you'd need a link from the old days or future links to connect you to now. Not trying to be so edgy, but it is impossible. I deny he is real- it is that simple! Prove there is a way he's real! Angry Twisted Evil

Hey Lutenissa good to see you to Razz lol

"May warm winds find you
And the darkness of night hide you" (Wingclaw)

*NEW* I have a Discord app server named Lazy Owls, If any one wants in pm me...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: