Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

New Roleplay for Active Members
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> GoG Role Play Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: New Roleplay for Active Members Reply with quote

- - - - - The Children of Death - - - - -

Several years ago, an owl by the name of Maven discovered a strange stone that fed him images of hagsfiends, and its very presence demanded blood sacrifices. Captivated by the stone, he obeyed, and dutifully brought it the blood of owls and crows alike, which the stone sucked up like a sponge. Over time he came to realize it was the egg of a hagsfiend, and as other owls and crows came to realize its power, the Order of the Stone was created. They appear peaceful, but under the light of the sun and the eye of the moon, they gather blood in secret to satisfy the egg.

But rumors have spread that a rogue smith has found another egg. He spoke of it, but before he said where he'd found it, he died mysteriously of a sudden heart attack. But the egg is out there somewhere, and should the Order of the Stone find it, a new era of hagsfiends could be born.

Participants:

Pure Ones
CommanderEVE with "Eve"
Lutenissa (needs to create character)

Order of the Stone
agentklaw with "Maven and Farah"
Gwendolyn with "Hrem"

Unaffiliated
Arthas with "Elric"

If you'd still like to join the RP, send me a private message and I'll see what we can work out Smile

RULES:
You HAVE to read these and you HAVE to abide.

1. Follow the 12-post rule:
If a person has not said anything for twelve posts, we must ALL stop and wait for them to say something. If they say go on, we go on for another twelve posts.

2. Absolutely no one is in charge of this RP. Just because you made an idea or suggested something or whatever does not give you the right to say, "Well, I made them in the first place, so..." or any excuses like that. I will never pull that, even though I made the RP, so I expect the same from you.

3. Unless someone makes an actual mistake (and in that case, post here in the discussion about it), you cannot contradict someone. No deciding you didn't like what someone did and going back before their post (EX: one person says that a giant crystal everyone found has the power to heal...then someone ignores they ever said that and says it has only powers of destruction). This causes confusion and fights.

4. No making anyone else's character look stupid when you can avoid it (unless, of course, the person planned something with you). A character could say something about Tyto forest or a special battle claw...you can't butt in and say, "No, you're wrong. It's a common myth. What's actually true..."
If a person is wrong about something, post a correction here and allow the person to edit their post.

5. Absolutely NO godmodding.
Godmodding is when you control another person's character, to any extent. If you need another person's character to react a certain way, discuss with them beforehand.

6. Use proper capitalization, spelling and grammar. This is VERY important to me. If I can't understand what you're saying, I'm going to ignore your post.

Last edited by TCS.Bookman on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:05 pm; edited 7 times in total
Arthas

Location: Beside the moon and a couple of strange triangle shaped objects

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in Very Happy
At least this could be our new night flight Wink
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shhh, don't reveal my master plan Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe...right! Razz
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, count me in. I might play as Arxcis, but I have to make a profile page for him. Razz
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll make a new character that's more similar to myself, so I can kind of just react to the situations as I would if it were just me. It'll be kind of plain, sure, but I feel like people having these super-powerful, special, flashy owls with superpowers is getting kind of old. A unique but simple character would be a nice change.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll get in this with Abila, that would be perhaps my oldest character. But I think I'm gonna change her up a bit since she used to be all like... god mode. And now her name is the one I use everywhere. I guess she'll just be kind of like me... except a few things different, I mean, that would be kind of bland if she was just exactly like me lol.

But yeah, it's been a while since I've been in a roleplay. So I thought I should, since I haven't been very active in a while. I should've taken advantage of summer break! xD
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwendolyn wrote:
I think I'll make a new character that's more similar to myself, so I can kind of just react to the situations as I would if it were just me. It'll be kind of plain, sure, but I feel like people having these super-powerful, special, flashy owls with superpowers is getting kind of old. A unique but simple character would be a nice change.

Me and my friends call a owl or any other bird character that is like ourselves a 'feather-sona'.
Arthas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommanderEVE wrote:
Me and my friends call a owl or any other bird character that is like ourselves a 'feather-sona'.

Isn't that similar to a 'fur-sona'?
Anyway, pretty cool name Smile

And I guess I will be playing with Elric Smile Because that is the only character I have with me Razz
He doesn't really have any magical powers. Except for a few things I mentioned in my character sheet. And I am converting him from a Whiskered-Screech to a Snowy White Owl Wink

And Gwen, you are appointed as the new moderator Very Happy
Owl Pages has PMed you regarding this matter. You may choose to accept or decline. Smile But, I think you deserve this more than anybody else in this forum. So, please go for it.
Lutenissa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I've been waiting for Gwendolyn to come up with more awesome plans! I'm active as in I'll try to come on pretty much every day. I don't mind being a small part since I can't guarantee that I'll be on every day. But if I could I'd really appreciate it if I could be part of the Roleplay too. This is just what I've been waiting for! Bring it on!
agentklaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to roleplays. Can I use both Maven and Farah? They're sort of a pair.
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthas wrote:
CommanderEVE wrote:

Isn't that similar to a 'fur-sona'?
Anyway, pretty cool name Smile

Indeed, it is the same as fursona, just that the character is an owl, and has feathers and not fur. Razz
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, two characters is fine, as long as they're a pair and it makes sense. I used to use Fern and Basil, which were twins. Just don't abuse it, OK? :grain:

And Lutenissa, you're definitely free to join Smile

I was thinking -- maybe I could just be a narrator sort of character who just comes in now again to prod the RP, like announce that the characters have arrived at x place or throw in a random event for you guys to deal with. I notice the big problem is that the RPs run out of steam, so this could be a potential solution. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. I've played RP's that got awkward, because nobody really "helped" my character.
Also, how do you abuse it? Do you mean something like controlling 7 characters? Do we have to read each other's characters as well?
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abuse as in take over the RP with an excessive amount of characters, or totally overpower yourself. I doubt it'll be a problem though, everyone's pretty cool here.

Also, have you made a topic to introduce yourself yet? You can create a "Welcome" post here: http://www.owlpages.info/fantasy/viewforum.php?f=20
We'd all like to welcome you officially Smile

And usually on here, we just start playing and learn more about each others' characters as we RP. That way deep dark secrets from the past can come up at your discretion. Though if you'd like to tell us briefly about your character before we start, you're more than welcome to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> GoG Role Play Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: