Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

New Member Here...Just Wanted To Say Hi! :D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Welcome & Test Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cassafrass1999

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwendolyn wrote:
Sorry for replying late. Welcome! I'm Gwen. It's good to see new faces here Very Happy

Haha...I don't mind at all! Nice to meet you, and thanks! Very Happy
Optimus Nyra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, Cassafrass! I'm Optimus Nyra, (most people call me Neon, however) and I'm one of the mods here. Please do not leave the toilet seat up and I urge you to shut off all lights upon leaving a room. Above all, enjoy your stay at Hotel OFF.
Cassafrass1999

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimus Nyra wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Cassafrass! I'm Optimus Nyra, (most people call me Neon, however) and I'm one of the mods here. Please do not leave the toilet seat up and I urge you to shut off all lights upon leaving a room. Above all, enjoy your stay at Hotel OFF.

Haha, thanks for the welcome! It is great to be here! Very Happy
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome! Same here, I watched the film two years after it came out, my friend then recommended the books to me on Facebook and after that I brought them, all of them in one go. I now owe them all, including the Lost Tales and the Guide book to the Great Tree. I usually read graphic novels such as; Watchmen, The Walking Dead, Akira, Pluto, Astro Boy and many more. I remember seeing the film advertised on billboard around where I live two years ago, a lot of people where talking about it. They just found it strange that it was a film about owls, and that they would fill awkward watching it. Me on the other wing; I thought it was stupid at first, sadly, since I had never heard of the book series in my life. Now, my friends are saying that the film looks fantastic in 3D, I have a 3D ready TV but I cannot find the film in 3D anywhere for less than 15 pounds.

That is interesting that you have it on the shelves where you live, I had a look and they were nowhere in sight. But then again, this could be the fact that when I looked for them the series was over by then. Maybe the new one when it comes out on the 1st of August will be on the shelves. Before, I had to get all of them from Amazon.

I have never tried reading the Warrior Cat series. My friends tell me not to because they think it sucks, sadly. This could be because of the impression the fandom gives, I had a look at the main roleplaying forum and it was a complete mess. But some are saying that the first few books are good, so maybe one day I will give the first and second one a read to make sure.

No, no problem. I do not mind having a lot to read. More to talk about. Razz
Cassafrass1999

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CommanderEVE"]You are welcome! Same here, I watched the film two years after it came out, my friend then recommended the books to me on Facebook and after that I brought them, all of them in one go. I now owe them all, including the Lost Tales and the Guide book to the Great Tree. I usually read graphic novels such as; Watchmen, The Walking Dead, Akira, Pluto, Astro Boy and many more. I remember seeing the film advertised on billboard around where I live two years ago, a lot of people where talking about it. They just found it strange that it was a film about owls, and that they would fill awkward watching it. Me on the other wing; I thought it was stupid at first, sadly, since I had never heard of the book series in my life. Now, my friends are saying that the film looks fantastic in 3D, I have a 3D ready TV but I cannot find the film in 3D anywhere for less than 15 pounds.

That is interesting that you have it on the shelves where you live, I had a look and they were nowhere in sight. But then again, this could be the fact that when I looked for them the series was over by then. Maybe the new one when it comes out on the 1st of August will be on the shelves. Before, I had to get all of them from Amazon.

I have never tried reading the Warrior Cat series. My friends tell me not to because they think it sucks, sadly. This could be because of the impression the fandom gives, I had a look at the main roleplaying forum and it was a complete mess. But some are saying that the first few books are good, so maybe one day I will give the first and second one a read to make sure.

No, no problem. I do not mind having a lot to read. More to talk about. Razz[/quote]
Wow...that's a pretty cool story! Very Happy But that sucks that you can't find the movie for your 3-D TV, though...I am sure that the movie would be awesome on it! And I guess I am lucky to be able to find the books on the shelves here where I live (Ohio)...but once again, it sucks that you can only buy them on Amazon. Sad I love the Warrior Cats series so far...I think it is really good (although the forum is a bit...how should I say? Hectic. Plus I think the forum itself could be set up a little better in my opinion...) But I am trying to get used to it over there. Razz I think I like this forum the best of the two so far, however...it just makes me feel all cozy and happy to be here. Everyone is so friendly (and I am not saying this just to be nice). Wink People are nice on the Warriors forum too, however, but it just doesn't feel the same as it does here, if you get what I am saying. Wink
Arthas

Location: Beside the moon and a couple of strange triangle shaped objects

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you are right...the thing is that this forum is not as active as it used to be and so things look really smooth and understandable...it looks easy and nice...whereas at the warrior cats forum...things look all messy and congested...so many users logged on...posting numerous stuff...looks complicated...perhaps thats why you seem to like this forum more...it's a lot more simpler and not much posts to read and understand... Wink
Cassafrass1999

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Arthas"]Yeah you are right...the thing is that this forum is not as active as it used to be and so things look really smooth and understandable...it looks easy and nice...whereas at the warrior cats forum...things look all messy and congested...so many users logged on...posting numerous stuff...looks complicated...perhaps thats why you seem to like this forum more...it's a lot more simpler and not much posts to read and understand... Wink[/quote]
Yup, you are probably right. Wink The Warrior's forum IS pretty congested and unorganized from what I have seen...while here it is nice and organized, and there aren't quit so many people on here (not saying that lots of people are a bad thing, but last time I checked there were like over 75,000 members on the Warriors forum. That is a LOT of people...). O_O
Lutenissa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Cassafrass! Very Happy
Cassafrass1999

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Lutenissa"]Thanks Cassafrass! Very Happy[/quote]
Your welcome! Very Happy
Arthas

Location: Beside the moon and a couple of strange triangle shaped objects

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassafrass1999 wrote:

Yup, you are probably right. Wink The Warrior's forum IS pretty congested and unorganized from what I have seen...while here it is nice and organized, and there aren't quit so many people on here (not saying that lots of people are a bad thing, but last time I checked there were like over 75,000 members on the Warriors forum. That is a LOT of people...). O_O

WOW!...is it really THAT good...I think it is overrated...
Cassafrass1999

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I loved the first book in the series so much that I joined the forum before I had even finished the book! So I guess I would have to say that (in my opinion) the books are pretty awesome...but yeah, 75,000 people is a LOT of people! O_O
Abaila

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hey hey

Yeah, I'm a little late. But I think I should post my welcomes before I seem kind of rude. Ahaha. xD

As you can tell, I kind of like Hokuto no Ken, but you probably kind of don't know what that is, so I don't mind. C:
Obviously, I like GoG, that kind of came to be in 2009, when I decided to give it a chance and read the first book since I had The Burning for years from some book fair tenthousand years ago, but never read it knowing that it was the sixth book. So I checked it out from the library, and now, I'm a fan for about four years now. Yayz.
Cassafrass1999

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abaila wrote:
Hey hey hey

Yeah, I'm a little late. But I think I should post my welcomes before I seem kind of rude. Ahaha. xD

As you can tell, I kind of like Hokuto no Ken, but you probably kind of don't know what that is, so I don't mind. C:
Obviously, I like GoG, that kind of came to be in 2009, when I decided to give it a chance and read the first book since I had The Burning for years from some book fair tenthousand years ago, but never read it knowing that it was the sixth book. So I checked it out from the library, and now, I'm a fan for about four years now. Yayz.

Nice to meet you, and don't worry: I would never think of you as rude for not welcoming me haha! Very Happy And yeah, sorry...I don't have a clue what Hokuto no Ken is. XD But I of course love GoG...I just started reading the series around last year, actually. I have now become in love with it (although I am still only on the second book, going on the third lol). XD
Kluddy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a bit late, but welcome! This is a fun site.
your username is very sassy.
Cassafrass1999

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kluddy wrote:
a bit late, but welcome! This is a fun site.
your username is very sassy.

Nice to meet you, and thanks! This site is very fun. Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Welcome & Test Posts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: