Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

Guardians of Ga'Hoole: The Rise of a Legend
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Guardians of Ga'Hoole
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many of you are going to buy this book?
I will definitely buy it.
88%
 88%  [ 15 ]
I am not sure...I would like to get one though...
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Nah!...it's a total waste of time and money...no way!
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Arthas

Location: Beside the moon and a couple of strange triangle shaped objects

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Guardians of Ga'Hoole: The Rise of a Legend Reply with quote

This is just totally amazing you guys...you wouldn't believe this...Bestselling author Katryn Lasky takes flight once more with a brand-new Guardians of Ga'Hoole novel!

Yes it's true...check out this link
http://guardiansofgahoole.wikia.com/wiki/Guardians_of_Ga%27Hoole:_The_Rise_of_a_Legend

And the most AMAZING thing is that the book is fully based on the life of Ezylryb...when he was the legendary Lyze of Kiel...that is soooo AWESOME Very Happy ...well at least for me...after all I am the biggest fan of Ezylryb... Very Happy

But it's a bit pricey...16.99$ is what I found out the last time I checked...but I don't care about the price...I just want this book at all costs...and I am going to get this one alright...

It releases on the 1st of august...

I am sooo happy...tell me what you guys think Very Happy
Shadowstriker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetness! I'm excited about this too, can't wait to save my money to buy it.

Kamikaze airplanes in the sky
Are we going down or will we fly?
Kludd/PhillipRIP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too excited, I hope it's good. I'll get it from the library after it comes out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also hope it is good. But I will most likely buy it and read it anyway and then make my review from there. I hope this is all real, it looks real.
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon has it available for pre-order, so I'd say it's legit!

http://www.amazon.com/Guardians-GaHoole-The-Rise-Legend/dp/0545509785

I'm probably going to buy it when it comes out. But from the description...

Quote:
Far off in the ice-choked land of the Northern Kingdoms, a young screech owl is marked by destiny. He is Ezylryb, an owl who will rise through the ranks of the Killian Army to become the commander of a battalion of snakes. But although Ezylryb is touched by greatness, his battle-filled life is punctuated by tragedy--from the attack that leaves his father flightless forever, to a terrible betrayal by Ezylryb's own brother. But the young owl--with the support of a snake named Octavia--rises above it all, rises high on strong wings.

For Ezylryb is no ordinary owl.

He's the stuff of legends.

He's a Guardian of Ga'Hoole.

Is anyone else getting vibes of The Capture? It kind of sounds like a rough outline of Soren's life. A really really rough outline, but still there. The betrayal of his brother, Ezylryb's father is injured (Soren's parents are killed), being helped by the snake, rising up to be a great guardian...am I the only one sensing a ghost of backstory here?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwendolyn wrote:

I'm probably going to buy it when it comes out. But from the description...

Quote:
Far off in the ice-choked land of the Northern Kingdoms, a young screech owl is marked by destiny. He is Ezylryb, an owl who will rise through the ranks of the Killian Army to become the commander of a battalion of snakes. But although Ezylryb is touched by greatness, his battle-filled life is punctuated by tragedy--from the attack that leaves his father flightless forever, to a terrible betrayal by Ezylryb's own brother. But the young owl--with the support of a snake named Octavia--rises above it all, rises high on strong wings.

For Ezylryb is no ordinary owl.

He's the stuff of legends.

He's a Guardian of Ga'Hoole.

Is anyone else getting vibes of The Capture? It kind of sounds like a rough outline of Soren's life. A really really rough outline, but still there. The betrayal of his brother, Ezylryb's father is injured (Soren's parents are killed), being helped by the snake, rising up to be a great guardian...am I the only one sensing a ghost of backstory here?

This could have been why Ezylryb and Soren where so close. They understood each other.
Arthas

Location: Beside the moon and a couple of strange triangle shaped objects

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwendolyn wrote:

Come to think of it...you do sound kinda right to me Shocked ...hope it doesn't end up that way...that would be terrible...but this can't happen...not to Ezylryb...no pls no...
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, Eve could be right. Perhaps Lasky is making it sort of similar to explain their immediate bond. Either way, I do hope that it still feels like a new story and not just a rewrite. I'll just have to have faith in one of my favorite authors, huh? Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm with Eve on this one. I think KL had been drawing parallels between Soren and Ezylryb throughout the series for a reason, and this is an opportunity for her to pen the realization of that subtly-laid framework. But good eye, Gwen. I hadn't really made that connection at first.

Last edited by Optimus Nyra on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
>_Mikey_<

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

it's probably $16.99 if it's (I assume) hardcover, or because (according to the amazon link gwen has provided) it's 320 pages, instead of the usual 150-200 that the other books are.

Lutenissa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOL! Katheryn Lasky is still writing more books? The whole reason I didn't read book seven in a hurry is because I did not want to rush through all fifteen books.
Lutenissa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see. It's cover is blue and Ezylryb is smack in the middle of the cover.
Arthas, what if you've only read 7 books in the series? Can I still read it because it sounds interesting. I just don't want to spoil anything in the books I haven't read. Sadly I can't find book 8 for a month. Maybe since this is new hopefully a lot of stores will sell it. I just hope I can buy it before it gets sold out. Is it in stores yet? Looks like I'll have to check amazon.
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason it is 320 pages is because it could be from when he was an owlet right up to this death. And yes, he may go through the same hardships as Soren, or it could be with his brother and parents. And knowing Kathryn Lasky she most likely has put sentences of what she has already written from the other books in there, remember how she was always repeating herself with the same sentences in the other books? But letís hope she has turned a new leaf and noticed her mistakes.

Last edited by CommanderEVE on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Lutenissa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it has alot about the battle of the ice claws! I also want to read about his brother, Ifgar.
Lutenissa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all, CommanderEve. I sense it too, and I like reading of new adventures instead of old ones! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Guardians of Ga'Hoole All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: