Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

Philip...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Guardians of Ga'Hoole
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ethenite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Philip... Reply with quote

As I was thinking of Coryn/Nyroc I thought on how sad it was when his best and first friend philip died...for me I would be horrified that my mother would want me to kill my best friend and then kill them herself...

In Philips case I would regret my life and be pissed at on how I was only around my friend just so I could be killed in an initiation ceremony.

So whats your opinion?
Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Phillip's death has always been one of the more tragic deaths. If somebody were to do something like that in real life, then that murderer ought to be either put down or locked up, permenantly.

But, seeing how GOG is Fiction Land, you are free to love the baddies with no regrets. Nyra is on my favorite character list, and her commiting a dastardly deed like that just makes me heart her more. But, I do feel really bad for Coryn and sad that Phillip's gone though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me I never had a favorite evil character in gog. I like how nyra is more evil than kludd in parts but I really detest the pure ones. Now if I had to choose it would be...jatt/jutt from the movie

But yeah. If my mom was like that I'd try and kill her right there
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, Jatt and Jutt in the film cracked me up, it's just the accents and such, and I think it fits the two well. xD Oddly I am a bigger fan of the Pure Ones then the Guardians. But indeed, I have noticed with other fan as well, whenever you talk about deaths in Guardians of Ga' Hoole Phillip always comes up into the conversation as it was shocking and quite unexpected. But maybe Coryn didn't have the heart to kill Nyra.
Ethenite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a way it would be very hard to kill someone you loved so much...
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could have posted this in your "Which Death was Sadder?" topic. Again, you're making an excess of topics. I think you've created more in the last week than most members here make in the course of a month.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe even a year, considering I have only made a total of two threads here in half a year. Anyway, this is beside the point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Guardians of Ga'Hoole All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: