Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

Which death was sadder? :(
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Guardians of Ga'Hoole
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ethenite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Which death was sadder? :( Reply with quote

I just got done with book 8 og gog and read the prolouge of 9. When boron/barran and ezylryb I was just devastated! I loved ezylryb tons but barran/borons death made me cry while ezylryb just made me made a crap? So to you who's death was sadder?
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think it's a question of who's death was sadder, as I was shocked when they all died like that. I almost felt like I didn't want to continue as she had killed off three great characters like that, they where some of my favorite characters. But anyway, beyond this point I felt like the story/ plot line was rushed and I am assure everyone else felt the same. Although, the legends where awesome.
Ethenite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True I was devestated when those three died...but yet somehow Boron and Barrans death was more emotional to me somehow...ezylrybs was like...he just died out of old age and boron/barans death was "oh we're dying due to coryn and the prophecy...thinking about it that prophecy death sounds like a bad deal...
Abaila

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boron/Barran dying because of Coryn thing just disappointed me, to be entirely honest. I knew Ezylryb was old, so I wasn't too sad. I guess, technically I'm sadder because of the king and queen dying, but not really in the way you meant. xD

I was sad because it was just something that seemed old and overdone. The books were still pretty good, but once Boron and Barran died simply for the fact that Coryn had a frinking EMBER, I started going all like... oh... that's just... rushed, man...

Lasky should've been less lazy with that part and made them die of war or sickness, imo, it would've seemed like a better way to make Coryn king.

>_Mikey_<

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I don't like the fact that boron and barran were killed all THANKS to coryn. that just wasn't fair. however, I guess I'd have to say ezylryb's is sadder, for the fact that he and soren had become so close and he'd had to go, and the fact that he'd given them the full legend trilogy as a parting gift.
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion Boron and Barran where way better characters then Coryn.
Ethenite

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as leaders go between them I'm not sure. But I agree that once coryn became king boron and baran shouldn't have died. They could of lived still serving and helping coryn or the tree
Shadowstriker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boron/Barran

Kamikaze airplanes in the sky
Are we going down or will we fly?
Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shrugs* Meh, I wasn't too moved by either one. Don't get me wrong, I loved those guys [well, the snowy owls anyway] (and still do), it's just that we all know that Ezylryb was going to go soon on the account of that he was so old and Barran and Boron randomly passed on due to Coryn and his sprinkin' ember, I mean, just how rushed, unrealistic, and anti-climatic was that?

Ezylryb was okay, but I lost a lot of respect and like for him ever since the guide book.

Hmm, despite their cheese-ball deaths, I'd vote for Barran and Boron I guess.

Abaila wrote:
Lasky should've been less lazy with that part and made them die of war or sickness, imo, it would've seemed like a better way to make Coryn king.

I couldn't agree with you more.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't very sad when Boran and Barran died because they didn't have all that much personality. Insas just annoyed they died at the same time so Corrin could just fly in and snatch the throne when anyone else who was mor experienced would have qualified.

Ezylryb's death was sadder, but not by much. Couldn't Kludd have killed him in book 4? Would have given Soren even more reason to hate him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost cried when Twilight almost died. So yeah, and at the end.
Lutta Mourner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...Hey...guess who I "mourned" over?

But seriously, Lutta's was a death that moved me more greatly than most (excluding twilights brush with death and phillip's unfortunate end).
Its that whole forbidden love ending in tragedy thing that draws me in. Heck, that's why I enjoyed reading Romeo & Juliet so much.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Phillip, I really cried when he died... and I was also sad when Lutta died ._.

But that's not the worst thing, I hate the way KL kills the owls, I mean is like: "last words" said ---- and died. .___.
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Bree -- Phillip and Lutta were some of my favorite characters Crying or Very sad Some of the character deaths were pretty brisk too. It almost made it seem like she didn't care about them. I'm sure she did, but it'd be nice if they didn't follow such a formula.

Anyways, you should drop by the Welcome and Test Posts forum and post a welcome post so we can all say "hi" Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BreeSylvana wrote:
I loved Phillip, I really cried when he died... and I was also sad when Lutta died ._.

But that's not the worst thing, I hate the way KL kills the owls, I mean is like: "last words" said ---- and died. .___.

Sadly, Kathryn Lasky has a very bad habit of killing off her characters without giving them an interesting death, sure not all characters deaths should be special and unique, but some of the characters deaths were not heard of until many charters, or even books later. Take Stryker for example, he was a commanding officer in the High Command of the Pure Ones and his death was not even mentioned until later on, and why he died was quite sketchy as if the author did not care much for me. His character could have been a lot better due to his high position in the Pure Ones. Also, another example, I do not want to throw any spoilers, but just read The Rise of a Legend and read how the main antagonist dies after so much was said about him throughout the whole book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Guardians of Ga'Hoole All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: