Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

All come to welcome the newb!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Welcome & Test Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwendolyn wrote:
*I read the whole thing*

Heh heh, welcome! I'm not autistic myself but growing up, almost all my friends were either autistic or had aspergers. I hate to generalize, but I admit I've noticed that the "loyalty" trait is sort of a reocurring theme.

Anyways, you can call me Gwen. I have a bit of a hot-head at times but, for the most part, I try pretty hard to keep my cool.

I too, absolutely love the Guardian Oath. I also enjoy animating, though I'm not particularly good at it and don't think I could go into it as a career. The only anime I've seen that you listed is Death Note (and I really liked it :3)

People sometimes describe me as a bear, ram or rat (yes, there are people I know who describe me as animals >.>)

And I absolutely ADORE Spyro. But only the original ones (like Ripto's Rage)

I'd love to hear your story. It may not really fit here since it has nothing to do with owls, but there are a lot of people here who post their stories on other websites and link us to them in Night Flight. A lot of my stories come from dreams, too.

And I have to say, while foolishness can be tolerated, I really don't like trolls and bullies. Sorry, but that's my opinion and I think we'd all prefer you not try and purposefully tick people off >.>

Indeed it is, I was a little afraid to put this up, but I thought I might as well to get people to understand, but I could have made this shorter a simpler. Also, thank you for welcoming me Gwen, you can all me EVE.

I also can be a hot head even spit fire at times. I can understand.

When I first read the Oath I was like: “Wow… that’s so cool!” At least you have tried animating, that’s good. Indeed, Death Note is good.

Yes, I also have friends who all me an Owl and I am not saying that out of fandom, the reason I like Owls so much is quite odd, it’s not from Guardians of Ga’Hoole.

I have played Spyro the Dragon so many times now. I have the promo disc.

Oh, I think I would do that then; I have them on my DA.

Oh I will not, people here are really nice. Wink

FeatherFluff wrote:
Welcome to O.F.F!!
Did Guardians of Ga'Hoole get you interested in owls?
My favorite owls are: Short-Eared Owls, Burrowing Owls, Barred Owls, and Great-Horned Owls! Smile
Anyways, Most people call me Fluff or Fluffles. I'm not picky on names.
I read most of that lol. FINALLY! ANOTHER GIMP USER!! :DDD

Thank you FeatherFluff, that’s a great Username, cute too!

Oh, I have liked Owls for a long time, before Guardians of Ga’Hoole, I got interested in owls because I found then fascinating. Their behaviour and the way they are amazing. Short Eared Owls are amazing! They are my favourite too!

Indeed! Although I have used GIMP that much in a while, I use it mainly to create signatures and other website banners and designs.

Fleur wrote:
Welcome to the forum! Smile

Thank you for welcoming me.
zemie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Eve, welcome to OFF! I'm Zemie, although you may mutilate my name however you see fit. I'm fond of nicknames.
Spyro is awesome. The PS1 games were like the first games I ever got when I was little, and I swear I would play them all day and never progress. I spent like a hour once trying to get through one of those barriers in Cliff Town on the first one.
Wow, that's a lot of bands you like. I got really into music around the time when I was fourteen too. I like more punk rock stuff though, but I don't mind if it's old or new, like The Clash, Rise Against, Dead Kennedys, The Sex Pistols, MCR, Social Distortion, Billy Talent, Minor Threat, Anti-Flag, Crass, The Misfits, Strike Anywhere, Bad Religion, and Green Day. I play guitar slightly. I started taking official lessons this month but before that my brother and uncle had been teaching me stuff. Do you play any instruments?
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Zemie! =D

Indeed, Spyro is awesome, it was one of the first games I played to, I also use to play it all day, but the weird thing is I have never completed it. I killed Gnasty Gnorc. But getting all the gems was a hard one; I got close a few times though. Cliff Town is one of my favourite levels, my favourite level is lofty Castle, and I love the music on that level, best track on the whole game. Ice Cavern is also another great level, the track on that one was good too. But the one level i cannot stand and the last dragon gets me every time is Tree Tops. And I remember when I was a kid those things that eat you and spit you back out in the level Misty Bog use to have me screaming and running out of the room I was that scared.

At one point I liked Rise Against, Green Day and System of a Down, but then i moved on and found that it wasn't quite what I liked.

Oh I wish I could play an instrument, when I was a kid I use to think I could play everything, turns out I was crap. XD

I went to go a see a Christian group play yesterday night and they had a solo of the drummer, man he was awesome. My eyes watered he was that awesome. And the bass guitar player did this also solo too, sound like something from the band Van Halen.

Boy can I type. O:

Now I need to work on meh signature. Razz
Kludd/PhillipRIP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the Kaiser, but you can also call me High Tyto. Don't rebel or plot against me or else! I hope you can be a good Pure One and serve me. I have a Spyro game for Gameboy Advanced but I hardly play it and have never beaten it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed! Glory to the High Tyto!

Oh, yeah, the Gameboy one is kind of hard, I have only played it once and I hated it. Is it the Season of fire and the season of ice that you played?
Shadowstriker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new and we know each other but I thought you should know more about me, I have asthma and I am verrrrrrrrry stubborn my 3 nicknames are Shadow, Shadowstar, and Shadowstriker. I use GIMP but are not good at using it.

Kamikaze airplanes in the sky
Are we going down or will we fly?
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have friends who have Asthma, I also had it as a child. GIMP is a great program to use, I mean it's free and all.
FeoranPride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, Eve.

You and I are similar in several ways, mainly as animation students. I'm on my third year of studying character animation at a university in San Francisco. If there's anything animation related you want to discuss, I'm your guy Wink. Though, we are opposite when it comes to music. I started out heavy and slowly grew softer. My acoustic guitar has become my best friend.

I'm a Zerg player in Starcraft 2. Such an addicting game, though I'll admit I haven't played it in months. The release of such games as Battlefield 3 and Skyrim have been taking up my gaming hours.

With that said, welcome to OFF. Enjoy your time here.
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there FeoranPride! I like the Username, it's interesting.

Oh, I like that, when people are similar to me, I can talk all day about stuff I like. Nice! You are in San Francisco that is where all the animation is. I like in the UK and it am not so good. So far with animation I have started animating a ball with a Tail in Maya. Just learned the Maya interface.

I would really like to know how to play the drums and Guitar.

I haven't played Starcraft 2 in a while, I wasn't very good at it, and I just loved the theme. Maybe we should play one day.

Thank you so much! If you want to chat more drop me a PM.
Shadowstriker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I am not even in high school yet, I'm only 12 years old! Cannot wait to get a facebook on my birthday!

CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 8 years older then you. O:

I have Facebook, it isn't fantastic, but if you like it sure!
Shadowstriker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we could friend each other. Seriously though, your 20!!! Shocked

Ammeg of Kiel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi, welcome! I'm ammeg. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FedoranPride all love SKYRIM, my brother got it and will steal EVERYTHING in game. It is ridiculousness!

FeoranPride

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than stealing in real life, I suppose Razz. There's so much to do in that game, I'm often overwhelmed.

Eve, Maya is a very friendly program to learn 3D animation on. It's also the industry standard, so it sounds like you're in good hands at your school.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Welcome & Test Posts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: