Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

The rise of the three thrones (Try of RP)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> GoG Role Play Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duskfeathers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: The rise of the three thrones (Try of RP) Reply with quote

While I wait for Nori to be approved, I got some ideas for a RP.
So I wanted to share it with you and, if anyone likes it, maybe we can try it? :3

Plot
These are hard times in the Tree and in the Owl kingdoms. New tyrants and black fears are rising, and maybe nothing would feel the same.

Reports from the South say that a strange power is rising in the dry lands of Kuneer. A Pharaoh Eagle Owl that goes by the name of Zarek proclaimed himself the "Sire of the Golden Desert Empire of Kuneer", and lives in an horrible structure done by The Others in long forgotten times. A structure that is made of steel, iron and fear that goes by the name of "The Spine Throne". Some rumors say that Zarek had made alliances with wild dogs from the desert and snakes willing to kill just for the joy and resentment against the burrowing owls.
But this is not the only danger that these reports share.

There is another "Throne" rising at the North, in the Firth of Fangs. Eyol is a renegade Glauxian Brother, an Ural Owl with one main objective: Rise the divinity and magnificence of Glaux, suppress the non-believers in the all-mighty power of the Owl's "God", and restore the faith once and for all. Even if that means to bear swords and stain with blood all the Kingdoms.

While all this is happening, a new king rises on the Ga'Hoole tree.
Caldim is son of Thorn the Faithful, one of the bravest and loyal warrior of the Tree. Caldim is nothing compared to his father, a robust striped owl from The Beaks that fought against a bald eagle to save the latest king's life. Caldim is a coward, who likes to get everything by strategies and deceiving instead of a noble fight. Caldim is more of the ambush and fast daggers than his father, and there is fear that maybe an ambush has to do with the reason of why no one can find the noble guardian while his "weak and thief-like" son is taking the place as King of the Tree.

The quest would be harsh, the owls that join this journey would have to find a way to free the owl kingdoms from these menaces and fearing that maybe there is still even more just between the roots of the Great Tree.

Characters
About six owls allowed, no preference over any species (can be hybrids). Can be either neutral, Loyal to the Tree, Followers of Eyol or Desert Strikers (Loyal to Zarek).

If the ones wanting to join can, I wish that they can make some special characters for this.

Oh, and if you think this story is way too long for just one RP, maybe I can separate them in three RP "chapters". But I'm willing to accept suggestions!
Abaila

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My character Emerelan is perfect for this RP, and I can make plenty of special characters. ^^

He's going to be neutral, since Emeralan is against all sides in any war, unless he believes that one side is better than the others, which rarely happens.

TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can bring in Fern and Basil. The last RP wavered out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Nyrox?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your replies Very Happy

@Ammeg: Sure! Seems interesting as character.

@ Gwen: Sure, but that would make two owls. You sure you can do both? :S

@ Ancient: My, nice to know that you already thought about his alignment Very Happy

Just asking, you guys have any suggestion?
Do you like the concept of this or maybe you want to add something else to the story?

As I said, I'm open for ideas! Smile

From my part, I would use Nori since I couldn't make it to "the deadly secret" RP. LOL
Armed With Wings

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duskfeathers wrote:
From my part, I would use Nori since I couldn't make it to "the deadly secret" RP. LOL

Sorry about that. Sad
duskfeathers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armed With Wings wrote:
duskfeathers wrote:

Sorry about that. Sad

Don't you worry, it's ok. LOL
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duskfeathers wrote:
@ Gwen: Sure, but that would make two owls. You sure you can do both? :S

Well, they're pretty much one owl anyway. But I was thinking and looking over my other RP charries and I remembered one of my charries, Gyryn. He'd be absolutely perfect for it. He's a Ural Owl, probably going to be neutral to any of the forces. He refuses to be associated in any way with the Guardians, but at the same time, he hates those who kill or trap.

Basics of Gyryn (since his profile is uber long):
He gains unworldly power through his emotions, as if they're fuel for a fire. Because of this, he needs more rest and food than any normal owl. So while he's a burden in that aspect, he's also a gift because of his power and also the fact that he can travel during the day; among crows, he is known as the "Crow Killer" so they leave him well alone.
It's clear he has some supernatural power, but it's not clear what it is. He's white with brown streaks like any other Ural, but in the daylight his white feathers glow with overwhelming luminosity. At night, his brown streaks turn into the blackest of black, all consuming, like a void into another dimension. When he's excited, a strange light seems to seep from his eyes, causing them to become a dark copper. At any other time, however, they are black; at times which he is angry or upset, they do not reflect light. He has a single, straight pink scar running down his back, beginning a bit above the nape.
When the Guardians or the Ga'Hoole tree are mentioned, he tends to disappear, not returning until morning. He obviously has history with them, but it is unclear if it is hatred or fear. Either way, he is also against any sort of evil, especially those that enslave.

...I know that's still long, but I haven't used Gyryn in forever so no one really knows what he's like, and his profile is like twenty times longer.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posting that the RP is here: http://www.owlpages.info/fantasy/viewtopic.php?t=5795

And Gwen, I like that character. Specially the description.
:S It would be weird when I enter with Nori, though...being a guardian in training and such.

But interesting nonetheless. Very Happy
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely gonna be some nice clashes then Wink

Perhaps we could use that. Nori starts talking about the Tree, Gyryn leaves, and when he returns the entire situation has turned and he's stuck trying to figure out what's going on. That'd be a nice twist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> GoG Role Play Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: