Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

Warriors (CONTAINS SPOILERS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Warriors, yes or no?
Meow-st certainly! :D
63%
 63%  [ 12 ]
No. Just no.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
It's okay, I guess. 50/50.
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19

.:Hortense:.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100%!!! If Billystorm loved Leafstar then he'd give up his twolegs for her!

"You can embrace the probability of your intiment death and know, in your heart, that there is nothing I can do to help you." ~Haymitch Abernathy
Shadowstriker

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAH. I respect Leafstar. In a few RP's I created, I have the leader having kits because of her. But only kits with the FULL TIME LOYAL warriors!

Kamikaze airplanes in the sky
Are we going down or will we fly?
Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read The Last Hope. It was quite good, my fav of the OOTS series. But, there were some things about it that bugged me a smidge.

And, nah. The only other Warriors books I'm getting are the super-editions. Not going to bother with another sequel series. It really should've ended with Firestar d@mn it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I felt the same when I finished The New Prophecy. I didn't want the story to move on to different characters, but Power of Three is actually really good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scourge's Daughter wrote:
I've read The Last Hope. It was quite good, my fav of the OOTS series. But, there were some things about it that bugged me a smidge.

And, nah. The only other Warriors books I'm getting are the super-editions. Not going to bother with another sequel series. It really should've ended with Firestar d@mn it.

Its gonna go back to before Bluestar! I gotta read it Cool

Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that they were originally going to end it with Dawn, but Harper Collins and Vicky had the old money signs in their eyes and decided to drag the series on and on and on for all its worth.

I really wish that they would've ended it with Dawn. Because, that's the final book to Warriors's golden years. End it with that and perhaps make a super-edition about life after Dawn.

When it comes to series, it's ultimately about quality rather than quantity. Sure, it's kinda sad to see our beloved series coming to an end (wheather it's a book series, TV series, or whatever), but at least it would've ended while it was still strong and be forever remembered as the series with very little to non-existant bad books. I rather have a small-and-yet good series than a big-and-litterally-bad series.

Warriors ran it's course a long time ago and is merely repeating the same old ideas over and over again. The first series and the first half of NP were filled to the brim with mystery, wonder, and plot-twists. After Dawn, it's just gotten highly predictable, tired, had too many fladerized characters, and is pretty much struggling for a decent plot. Not to brag or anything, but ever since Eclipse, half to over a half of the things that I had predicted for every up-coming Warriors book came true.

Repetiousness? Let's see, it's the same old battles over territory, Tigerstar, chasing away misbehaving rogues, Tigerstar, clans smiting at each other, Tigerstar, forbidden loves, Tigerstar, soap operas, Tigerstar, trips to the Tribe, Tigerstar, trips period, Tigerstar, hard-ships, Tigerstar, Twolegs, Tigerstar, cats mocking Firestar, Tigerstar, Onestar being a horse's you-know-what, Tigerstar, and the Three prophecy. Have I mentioned Tigerstar?

*to HP and Vicky* Dudes, Warriors had reached its peak long, long ago. We know that feral cats fight and always will, we get it! We know that clans aren't supposed to be friends! Why must we be reminded of that about a hundred times? We know you, Vicky, hate happy relationships and perfer doomed relationships! But, must you make dang-near every relationship be forbidden, doomed, or sad in general? Isn't that just a tad bit unrealistic? Sure, fifty-percent of marriages end in divorce, but that means the other half contains successful marriages! So, why is the divorce/doomed rate in the series a ninty-eight percent? Please explain to me why all of the later Warriors regular books about the after-math about the CrowxLeaf lust I-I mean, "romantic" affair? Does Jayfeather ever do anything besides mope around? Do the clans ever do anything besides gripe about this and that? All these treks to the Tribe? Why don't you just make a Tribe super-edition already? Don't even get me started on Outcast, that's a lengthy rant all on its own. What's with all these sudden trips? Can't you guys make a Warriors novel without crapping out a traveling scene? We know that the clans face hard-ship, but ShadowClan nearly falling apart from only one frickin' loner? Is it just me, or all these hard-ships getting more and more exaggerated? We know that twolegs and clan cats don't mix. Why must we be constantly reminded of it? Firestar was a former kittypet, we get it. But, surely after all of the major, heroic things that he's done, surely he's proven that he's far, far, from being the pampered kittypet he was years and years ago! We know that Onestar has to be tough and has to make his clan tough too, that's all fine and dandy, but do they have to rub it in every, single, waking moment??!! To the point where Onestar betrays his frickin' friend???!!! I know he has to keep his friendship with Firestar estranged for obvious reasons and all, but does he have to be such a buttwipe about it???!!! WTF???!!! If I have to hear the Three prophecy one more time. . . . Annnnnd, here we have Tigerstar. Look, we all know that Tigerstar was a major, malevolent bad guy in the first series, and it was intresting to see him again in the second series, trying to get his sons and daughter to rule the clans. But. The. Jerkhole. Is. D-E-A-D. Let him go already! He had his moments in the sun with his antagonism, but he should've just simply died away already! Now, he's pestering Lionblaze in the third series and stirring up crap in the fourth series (at least he did something in that series)? UGH! Talk about obnoxious and beating the same horse to death! One of the reasons why The Last Hope is my favorite of the fourth series. The series where he finally dies FOR GOOD! At least the fourth series is a good stopping point, making the fifth series as a "you can read this if you want to, but don't have to." Speaking of which, I pretty much got the idea of what life was like before Firestar thanks to the field-guides and super-editions. So, why do we need a prequel series? Oh yeah, that's right, to make more crap-loads of moo-lah. That's what has altered Warriors, denaro. It's sad, but true. Warriors is a cash-cow franchise.

Oh yeah, am I the only one who's pissed off with the whole "IF YOU KILL A DEAD CAT, HE'S/SHE'S GONE FOREVAH!!!111!!!111!!!111" And, (Vicky: WATCHING CATS' SPIRITS FADING AWAY IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!111!!!111!!!111 THEY'RE LIKE FALLING LEAVES!!!111!!!111!!!111) I thought that they had after-lives! You know, the places that give you eternal life once you're gone from the living? That just- That just really pisses me off! All the more of a reason to frown at the newer series. Well, at least I can hold onto the theory that the cats had left StarClan to go to Heaven. Er, I better stop before this turns into a religious debate/war.

My thoughts for each series- - -

1st: Amazing.

2nd (first half): Amazing.

2nd (other half) and The Sight: Losing their charm, but nevertheless, great reads.

3rd (ever since Dark River): Oh my StarClan! What has happened to Warriors?! What happened to the epicness?! Why is it summed up to just two plots (The events after Crow/Leaf and about the Three prohecy)?! And, why does this series make you want to strangle a truck-load of characters?!

4th: Significantly better than the third series, but will never be as wonderful as the first series and the first half of NP.

~RIP, Warriors. 2003 - 2005. You'll forever be loved.~

Rant over.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scourge's Daughter wrote:
I've heard that they were originally going to end it with Dawn, but Harper Collins and Vicky had the old money signs in their eyes and decided to drag the series on and on and on for all its worth.

I really wish that they would've ended it with Dawn. Because, that's the final book to Warriors's golden years. End it with that and perhaps make a super-edition about life after Dawn.

When it comes to series, it's ultimately about quality rather than quantity. Sure, it's kinda sad to see our beloved series coming to an end (wheather it's a book series, TV series, or whatever), but at least it would've ended while it was still strong and be forever remembered as the series with very little to non-existant bad books. I rather have a small-and-yet good series than a big-and-litterally-bad series.

Warriors ran it's course a long time ago and is merely repeating the same old ideas over and over again. The first series and the first half of NP were filled to the brim with mystery, wonder, and plot-twists. After Dawn, it's just gotten highly predictable, tired, had too many fladerized characters, and is pretty much struggling for a decent plot. Not to brag or anything, but ever since Eclipse, half to over a half of the things that I had predicted for every up-coming Warriors book came true.

Repetiousness? Let's see, it's the same old battles over territory, Tigerstar, chasing away misbehaving rogues, Tigerstar, clans smiting at each other, Tigerstar, forbidden loves, Tigerstar, soap operas, Tigerstar, trips to the Tribe, Tigerstar, trips period, Tigerstar, hard-ships, Tigerstar, Twolegs, Tigerstar, cats mocking Firestar, Tigerstar, Onestar being a horse's you-know-what, Tigerstar, and the Three prophecy. Have I mentioned Tigerstar?

*to HP and Vicky* Dudes, Warriors had reached its peak long, long ago. We know that feral cats fight and always will, we get it! We know that clans aren't supposed to be friends! Why must we be reminded of that about a hundred times? We know you, Vicky, hate happy relationships and perfer doomed relationships! But, must you make dang-near every relationship be forbidden, doomed, or sad in general? Isn't that just a tad bit unrealistic? Sure, fifty-percent of marriages end in divorce, but that means the other half contains successful marriages! So, why is the divorce/doomed rate in the series a ninty-eight percent? Please explain to me why all of the later Warriors regular books about the after-math about the CrowxLeaf lust I-I mean, "romantic" affair? Does Jayfeather ever do anything besides mope around? Do the clans ever do anything besides gripe about this and that? All these treks to the Tribe? Why don't you just make a Tribe super-edition already? Don't even get me started on Outcast, that's a lengthy rant all on its own. What's with all these sudden trips? Can't you guys make a Warriors novel without crapping out a traveling scene? We know that the clans face hard-ship, but ShadowClan nearly falling apart from only one frickin' loner? Is it just me, or all these hard-ships getting more and more exaggerated? We know that twolegs and clan cats don't mix. Why must we be constantly reminded of it? Firestar was a former kittypet, we get it. But, surely after all of the major, heroic things that he's done, surely he's proven that he's far, far, from being the pampered kittypet he was years and years ago! We know that Onestar has to be tough and has to make his clan tough too, that's all fine and dandy, but do they have to rub it in every, single, waking moment??!! To the point where Onestar betrays his frickin' friend???!!! I know he has to keep his friendship with Firestar estranged for obvious reasons and all, but does he have to be such a buttwipe about it???!!! WTF???!!! If I have to hear the Three prophecy one more time. . . . Annnnnd, here we have Tigerstar. Look, we all know that Tigerstar was a major, malevolent bad guy in the first series, and it was intresting to see him again in the second series, trying to get his sons and daughter to rule the clans. But. The. Jerkhole. Is. D-E-A-D. Let him go already! He had his moments in the sun with his antagonism, but he should've just simply died away already! Now, he's pestering Lionblaze in the third series and stirring up crap in the fourth series (at least he did something in that series)? UGH! Talk about obnoxious and beating the same horse to death! One of the reasons why The Last Hope is my favorite of the fourth series. The series where he finally dies FOR GOOD! At least the fourth series is a good stopping point, making the fifth series as a "you can read this if you want to, but don't have to." Speaking of which, I pretty much got the idea of what life was like before Firestar thanks to the field-guides and super-editions. So, why do we need a prequel series? Oh yeah, that's right, to make more crap-loads of moo-lah. That's what has altered Warriors, denaro. It's sad, but true. Warriors is a cash-cow franchise.

Oh yeah, am I the only one who's pissed off with the whole "IF YOU KILL A DEAD CAT, HE'S/SHE'S GONE FOREVAH!!!111!!!111!!!111" And, (Vicky: WATCHING CATS' SPIRITS FADING AWAY IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!111!!!111!!!111 THEY'RE LIKE FALLING LEAVES!!!111!!!111!!!111) I thought that they had after-lives! You know, the places that give you eternal life once you're gone from the living? That just- That just really pisses me off! All the more of a reason to frown at the newer series. Well, at least I can hold onto the theory that the cats had left StarClan to go to Heaven. Er, I better stop before this turns into a religious debate/war.

My thoughts for each series- - -

1st: Amazing.

2nd (first half): Amazing.

2nd (other half) and The Sight: Losing their charm, but nevertheless, great reads.

3rd (ever since Dark River): Oh my StarClan! What has happened to Warriors?! What happened to the epicness?! Why is it summed up to just two plots (The events after Crow/Leaf and about the Three prohecy)?! And, why does this series make you want to strangle a truck-load of characters?!

4th: Significantly better than the third series, but will never be as wonderful as the first series and the first half of NP.

~RIP, Warriors. 2003 - 2005. You'll forever be loved.~

Rant over.

LOT'S OF WORDS! Shocked

Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was, but, speaking of which, remember the five word rule please.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grrr, forgot about that rule. Darn it!

Lutenissa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be sooo into Warriors. I was reading the new prophecy when I started reading Guardians. I HATED IT!!! Shocked So I read Warriors until I came to The Power of Three. Snore! Sleep Whatever Sorry, but in my opinion, I had never read anything so boring. So I read the first book in the new prophecy again. It was boring too. So, next year I started reading Guardians again. You won't believe this, but it was amazing! I'm crazy like that! Not to judge people, but I think Warriors is slightly lame. (Everyone except Brambleclaw) Yes, though I hate Warriors I love Brambleclaw and Leafpool and even Stormfur? I forgot Feathertail's brother's name! Anyways, Stormfur is stupidly likeable. But Jayfeather...gag! Here's the thing... my sister is obsessed .with him. She tells me Guardians is for retarded people, but I refuse.People have there own interests, and I'm okay with that. Warriors can be great and fun, and so can Guardians. It just depends on the eyes of the reader Cool And I'm cool with that.

The only thing I can't stand in Warriors is StarClan! I'm Christian for Pete's sake! I only believe in God. I know Guardians talk about Hoole, but Warriors is like the StarClan bible...blech! My cats don't believe in StarClan, they believe in themselves! My own cat too! Geez you think you know a cat!
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the whole StarClan deal is the cat equivalent of heaven, right? If not, it's still really just fantasy, typical anthropomorphism. I wouldn't be too concerned. It's fantasy genre, fantasy authors have crazy stuff. In GoG the owls have Glaux (God) and Hagsmire (hell) but I don't recall them having a word for heaven. Anyways, books will do that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glaumora is the owl word for heaven. Hagsmire is the owl word for below. Blink
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, you're right, they mentioned Glaumoria a couple times, didn't they?

I remember reading Warrior Cats in middle school. I loved the first series, but things seemed to repeat and go downhill for me after that. I remember coming across a whole lot of spelling errors in those later books, which reaffirmed my thoughts that all those books after were pretty rushed. I didn't finish all the books, I stopped shortly after they finished their migration to the new forest, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thinking about giving them a read. But all my friends who are into Guardians of Ga'hoole say they are not worth the read and tell me not to.
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the first book, and I can even throw the first three in there as books I really enjoyed. The first series in general I liked, though it did drag a bit. After the first series, though, it just felt rushed to me. Like I said, I kept spotting spelling errors everywhere.

I'd give the first chapters of book one a go to see if you like it. It'll be at almost any library, it's just so popular.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: