Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

Warriors (CONTAINS SPOILERS)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Warriors, yes or no?
Meow-st certainly! :D
63%
 63%  [ 12 ]
No. Just no.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
It's okay, I guess. 50/50.
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19

Koj09

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Warriors (CONTAINS SPOILERS) Reply with quote

I'm actually kinda shocked there isn't one of these yet.

And the "GoG or Warriors?" topic doesn't really count. :<

Heck, I'm not even sure how many people read this series.

People better read this series or else I'll start talking to myself.

So anyways, this topic is meant to talk and learn about the Warriors series by Erin Hunter (Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui Sutherland and Victoria Holmes).

Not to diss it. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all, mmkayz?

But yeah, now that you know lets start the show~!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Heres a timeline for now.

November 22nd, 2011: The Forgotten Warrior (book 5 of Omen of the Stars, 23rd book overall)

April 3rd, 2012: The Last Hope (book 6 of OotS, 24th and possibly final book overall)

Holy crap I can't wait I'm so excited Very Happy [/AVIDFANBOYISHNESS]

Last edited by Koj09 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total
>_Mikey_<

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be really into warriors, and I guess every year or two I'll still read a book, but after a while all the books just get repetitive, it's just hunting and patrolling and thinking with different things actually happening every 8 chapters
Koj09

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>_Mikey_< wrote:
I used to be really into warriors, and I guess every year or two I'll still read a book, but after a while all the books just get repetitive, it's just hunting and patrolling and thinking with different things actually happening every 8 chapters

...Thats true, in a way. I still think the first six books were the best and the other ones not as much until Tigerclaw died and then it was just birth, battles and beavers from there. Three B's. Very Happy

But yeah I'm in somewhat-agreement with ya.

But this isn't a thread for talking about the negatives. It's for the positives.
Gyan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting a long time for the Forgotten Warrior. I've been with warriors for a long time. It seems like an endless series, but I suppose that it is...how sad. Sad

Favorite Characters throughout the years:

Original Series-

Graystripe
Spottedleaf
Tallstar
Graypool
Yellowfang
Ravenpaw
Lionheart

The New Prophecy-

Brook
Feathertail
Crowfeather
Purdy!
Tawnypelt
Leafpool

The power of Three:

Jayfeather
Foxpaw
Fallen Leaves
Rock

Omen of the Stars:

Dovepaw
Ivypaw
Still Jayfeather
Tigerheart
Nonsense
GuardianDaystar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this series and yet I don't. It's hard to explain. Like Mikey at some point I feel like it kinda gets repetitive. I LOVE series 1, so far I'm liking series 4 (I used to not but now I am Wink) I actually disliked TNP quite a bit, there were few things I like about it... Po3 was an improvement IMO, but the ending was extremely annoying to me. It wasn't an end. I feel like Erin Hunter is just milking the series now. :/

The characters... hmm. I like some, some I don't, like with anything really. My faves would have to be Ashfur, Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, Ivypool, Brook, Stormfur, Sandstorm, Tawnypelt, Blackstar, Leopardstar, Mistystar, Stonefur, Firestar (only in series 1 and Firestar's Quest though, and I guess he's okay in TNP and OotS... but nyeh in Po3) Brambleclaw, Sol, (only interesting villain IMO) Leafstar, and... well I know there's others, but I can't think of them now. OH, I do like Crookedstar. And Mapleshade was all right. I just kinda felt like her only point was to have a female villain in the series though. I liked Snowfur in BP too, I wish she was the main character instead of Bluestar.

Least favorites would have to be Spottedleaf, Cinderheart, Feathertail, Tigerstar, Darkstripe, Scourge, Bone, Brokenstar, Squirrelflight, Bluestar, Dovewing, Jayfeather, Crowfeather, Onestar (he was okay as a warrior though) Thistleclaw, and... again, I am sure there are others.

And the pairings... *Sigh* Fire x Sand I like. But that's pretty much it. I HATE Leaf x Crow with a burning passion. Jeez. Vicky seriously calls that true love? Umm, no. They talked literally twice, MAYBE three times, and they didn't like each other. Then Crowfeather saves Leafpool, and confesses some random, undying love to her. -.-' Crow x Feather was much more developed. I like Bracken x Sorrel, despite how minor it is. And Tiger x Sasha was pretty good. Bramble x Squirrel I hate. And Squirrel x Ash I liked until the erm... breakup. :/ It felt like one of the more normal pairings to me. And Dove x Tiger was all right. Same with Lion x Cinder and Lion x Heather.

My fave book would have to be Darkest Hour, Moonrise, or SkyClan's Destiny. I really don't get why a lot of people disliked SkyClan's Destiny... I didn't like it at first, but now I think it's awesome. To me it was a nice breath of fresh air from all the drama and angst in the main line of books. I get sick of that sometimes. Leaf x Billy, a couple I forgot to mention above, was sweet. Moonrise was really exciting to me. I don't know what it is, I just really like plots like the one in Moonrise. It was a huge improvement from Midnight I felt, Midnight I didn't like that much. Only weak point in Moonrise to me was the Leafpaw parts. And The Darkest Hour, I think that's self-explanatory. Wink I was glued to the words at Stonefur's death! To me it was one of the saddest deaths actually. His, Bluestar's (I know I said I didn't like her... I did in the first series, when she wasn't insane though of course. I hated her in BP though, that made me hate her) and Yellowfang's, a cat I forgot to mention I love. Though I thought Tigerstar's death was kind of a fail... the series was setting up for a showdown between Firestar and Tigerstar, and then he's killed by a villain I find really overrated. I liked him at first, but the way he's fangirled over freaks me out. o_O

My least favorite book is Bluestar's Prophecy. Easily. Twilight is close though. I seriously don't get why a lot of people think that BP is one of the best. I was really angry about how much I thought it sucked too because Bluestar had been one of my fave charries before that. The writing is the first problem. There are soooo many paragraphs with only one sentence, and it really gets on my nerves. I'm so distracted by the crappiness of that that it's hard for me to enjoy the book. And next, it didn't really have a plot. No villain or conflict or anything like that. Just Bluestar whining. That's what I hated about her in the book. Moonflower's death, she whines and whines and WHINES. But what about Snowpaw? She got over it eventually, and focused on helping the Clan. Snowfur's death? More moping. Yet Whitekit and Thistleclaw got over it eventually. That one though is a bit more justified to me I guess, because she lost Moonflower and THEN Snowfur too. And last, ugh, Blue x Oak (I knew I was forgetting some pairing!) It was almost as rushed as Leaf x Crow. Almost. >.< And Twilight was nothing but drama with crappy pairings. The badger attack was cool, and so were the Ash x Squirrel moments, but that's it for me pretty much.

Overall I would say I like the series much more than I don't. But there are a lot of things about it that bug me. Another is the fandom. It seems like 99.9% of the fandom is just a bunch of "ZOMG LEAF X CROW IS SO SAD AND ROMANTUC!!!111!1!!!!!1!!!1" Rolling Eyes
TheConfusedWriter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I. LUV. WARRIORS.

I'm writing a fanfic called Water's Power and the main character is an albino she-cat called Clearwater
.:Hortense:.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warriors is awesome. I'm on the forum there too. And they're also making a 5th series.
Daystar, I understand how you think they're milking it. But the next series goes back to the old forest.
Herm......I love Jayfeather, Dovewing, and Ivypool......Also Hawkfrost and CinderPELT. Cinderheart......let's just say I want to KILL HER. And I agree with Yellowfang about Mothwing (see Night Whispers). Yellowfang is AWESOME. Firestar is okay.....he needs to kick Daisy and Millie out.
Ah, Millie. While were on the topic of her.....she is the worst mother ever to Blossomfall and babies Briarlight. I don't care if Graystripe's happy. Kill her, already!
Leafstar lets too many kitty warriors in the clan. They should have to choose! Cherrytail and Sparrowpelt did!

Okay, done on the characters I think. Now it's time for....the clans!
Shadowclan RULES!
Riverclan's pretty cool.
Thunderclan's all kittypet.
Windclan.....my target for BB guns......
Skyclan just stinks. There's no point
So, yeah, I love Warriors. I just like to rant about the characters. Sorry bout that. Went a little overboard

"You can embrace the probability of your intiment death and know, in your heart, that there is nothing I can do to help you." ~Haymitch Abernathy
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I read the first series and loved it. I stopped in the second series after them being in the new forest for a while...the storylines were so old and recycled, it just didn't interest me anymore. But I absolutely LOVED the first series.

Tigerclaw always reminded me of Snape, the difference being...well, lol, I don't want to spoil HP here, so if you know what I mean, you know. If not, watch the 8th movie already Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to love Warriors so much! I read all of the original books and then finished Midnight of The New Prophecy, then lost interest by Moonrise, which was sad because I liked Feathertail for some reason, even before I really knew who she was. Lol I really enjoyed the books I did read, and always had a love for Graystripe before Fireheart/star...I think Fireheart came off as a little Gary Stu-ish to me in the beginning. But maybe not...I can't really remember lol. Either way, he grew on me. And for some reason, I always liked Midnight the badger!

Another note: I always loved the book covers. I thought the designs were so pretty - my favorite cover design would have to be The New Prophecy Book 3, Dawn.
GuardianDaystar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleur wrote:
I used to love Warriors so much! I read all of the original books and then finished Midnight of The New Prophecy, then lost interest by Moonrise, which was sad because I liked Feathertail for some reason, even before I really knew who she was. Lol I really enjoyed the books I did read, and always had a love for Graystripe before Fireheart/star...I think Fireheart came off as a little Gary Stu-ish to me in the beginning. But maybe not...I can't really remember lol. Either way, he grew on me. And for some reason, I always liked Midnight the badger!

Another note: I always loved the book covers. I thought the designs were so pretty - my favorite cover design would have to be The New Prophecy Book 3, Dawn.

I have mixed feelings on Graystripe. He was my fave in Into the Wild and before he met Silverstream in Fire and Ice... but when he met Silverstream, I feel like he lost his humor. :/ And that to me was his whole personality pretty much. So... yeah. P:

Ooh, you should read Moonrise! x3 It's my favorite, tied with The Darkest Hour and SkyClan's Destiny.

That's still milking it. Taking them to a new forest isn't what I consider milking. Milking is making tons and tons and tons of books, and especially ones like *Cough* the mangas *Cough* Though I do enjoy them still, I just don't feel they quite have the quality of the first series. SkyClan's Destiny did for me though.

I'm sick of all the Millie hate tbh... :/ Is she THAT bad? She's really reacting the way any mother would in her situation. I would know... I mean, heck, if she did what REAL animals did, abandon her for her problem, they would hate her too. BUT if it weren't for Millie, Graystripe wouldn't be back, he wouldn't be a kittypet, and Graystripe loves her: More than Silverstream, I personally think. Considering how rushed that couple was, I saw it as more of a high school romance.

I think that it would be fair to let the daylight-warriors stay daylight-warriors for about a moon, then make them decide: Clan or Twolegs. That's totally fair to me. Because then a cat might want to join the Clan more, after getting a taste of Clan life. And hey, you can't say you hate ALL the daylight-warrior characters, can you? I really like Ebonyclaw. She's strong and loyal. Same with Billystorm. I liked Snookthorn when he was in the Clan, too, and I respect his choice to leave the Clan... even if, IMO, it make no sense. Dx And then Frecklewish... ehh. She's all right. A daylight-warrior just can't be a medicine cat IMO.

RiverClan is my favorite Clan. They're not perfect like ThunderClan, and they aren't somewhat troublemakers like ShadowClan (which is my second favorite Clan). Then I have to go with... ThunderClan, I guess, for what they used to be. I hate WindClan, even if two of my favorite cats, Breezepelt and Nightcloud, are in it. Before I thought they were too soft and maybe even too dependent of ThunderClan, and now they're just jerks. >.<
Fleur

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuardianDaystar wrote:
Fleur wrote:

Ooh, you should read Moonrise! x3 It's my favorite, tied with The Darkest Hour and SkyClan's Destiny.

I think I will now! lol

GuardianDaystar wrote:

RiverClan is my favorite Clan. They're not perfect like ThunderClan, and they aren't somewhat troublemakers like ShadowClan (which is my second favorite Clan).

Me too! I love RiverClan. They're sweet, you know? You're right, they're not perfect and they aren't troublemakers, they're just...sweet! Very Happy
Abaila

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I LOVE the original series, I have no idea why I used to hate it so much. But then that was when I'd only read TNP, which I always thought had some pretty weak writing in it. I mean, Dawn is probably my least favorite book in the entire series. I love the cover but then there's so much dialogue in it that it just isn't Warriors anymore.

I need to reread TNP after I finish the first series though, since I JUST got the sixth book and the library I have doesn't carry most of the books I love or want to read.

GuardianDaystar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AncientWinds wrote:
Man I LOVE the original series, I have no idea why I used to hate it so much. But then that was when I'd only read TNP, which I always thought had some pretty weak writing in it. I mean, Dawn is probably my least favorite book in the entire series. I love the cover but then there's so much dialogue in it that it just isn't Warriors anymore.

I need to reread TNP after I finish the first series though, since I JUST got the sixth book and the library I have doesn't carry most of the books I love or want to read.

Yeah, TNP sucks IMO. It's worth trudging through to me though to get to Po3 and OotS, BIG improvements from TNP (mainly OotS) Razz.
Koj09

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warriors: INCREDIBLE Very Happy

The New Prophecy: Meh...

Power of Three: Your joking.

The Fourth Apprentice: Heyyy!

And so theres my analogy.

But I quite like the phenomenon series in it's entirety. I remember when I first read about SPOILER Hollyleaf getting "crushed" by the boulders SPOILER END and being all like "OOHHHH DEAR STARCLAAAAN"

So basically the whole series except for one arc was good. No offense, TNP.
GuardianDaystar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koj09 wrote:
Warriors: INCREDIBLE Very Happy

The New Prophecy: Meh...

Power of Three: Your joking.

The Fourth Apprentice: Heyyy!

And so theres my analogy.

But I quite like the phenomenon series in it's entirety. I remember when I first read about SPOILER Hollyleaf getting "crushed" by the boulders SPOILER END and being all like "OOHHHH DEAR STARCLAAAAN"

So basically the whole series except for one arc was good. No offense, TNP.

XD I agree. TNP was just a drama fest to me IMO. :/ Except Moonrise. LOVED that one, favorite tied with Darkest Hour and SkyClan. TNP was FILLED with rushed romance. :<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: