Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

Wicked
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Glinda or Elphaba?
Glinda
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Elphaba
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Both
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Fleur

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Wicked Reply with quote

Is anyone here a fan of Wicked the musical? I absolutely LOVE it! I just became interested in it back in April after meeting the composer/lyricist, Stephen Schwartz. I would love to be in Wicked one day as Glinda! Very Happy Please feel free to post your thoughts on the show...Or if you've read the book, go ahead and post about that, too! Smile
Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a huge witch/warlock fan, I'm heavily intrested in it. I might get the book trilogy and soundtrack for Christmas.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh! I read most of the book, but couldn't finish it. It's very different from the musical, but not in a bad way, lol. If you're into magic and music, you should totally look into it. The soundtrack is fabulous!
Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out that I got it today! Smile Very Happy Very Happy

I love it!!!

I definately like Elphaba better than Galinda.

Elphaba had more character deph. Galinda kind of started out as annoying (but became enjoyable later).

Elphaba all the way!

*still looks forward to the books*

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg!! Smile Hahaha I like G(a)linda better than Elphaba, but I don't dislike Elphie. I'm so glad you like it! Do you have a favorite song yet? Haha, I know it may be a little early to ask that...Do you like "Defying Gravity"? Lol I hope so...I love all the songs!
Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleur wrote:
Do you have a favorite song yet? Haha, I know it may be a little early to ask that...Do you like "Defying Gravity"? Lol I hope so...I love all the songs!

"I'm Not That Girl" (the first one) is my favorite. And, "Defying Gravity" is awesome! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh!! Yay!! Lol, "I'm Not That Girl" is great. I also LOVE "Popular" and I'm going to be recording it this weekend. Smile
Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!

Guess what? I got the first book of the series today! Smile Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh! I hope you like it! Have you started reading it yet? I will warn you, it's a little hard to get through. Gregory Maguire's wording is sometimes difficult to understand. Smile But I think you'll enjoy it for the most part.

I actually made a Wicked collage for my locker yesterday. Smile
Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. =]

I haven't read it yet, been busy. I'll read it soon though. I'm sort of a slow reader though, so it might take a while. But, I'm sure that I'll enjoy it quite much.

Thanks for the heads up. If I have a hard time of understanding the novel, then I'll look up what happened after reading the novel.

You have a Wicked Years collage on your locker? Sweet! I'm sure it looks real great. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, thank you, I think it does! It actually has pictures of a bunch of the actresses from the musical and the song titles.

Lol, you have no idea how ecstatic I am that you have the book and soundtrack! Smile After you finish the book (and see the show), you need to let me know what you thought. Very Happy
Koj09

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny that you two are the only ones commenting here. No offense.

Oh, and this comment doesnt count.
Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleur wrote:
Hahaha, thank you, I think it does! It actually has pictures of a bunch of the actresses from the musical and the song titles.

Lol, you have no idea how ecstatic I am that you have the book and soundtrack! Smile After you finish the book (and see the show), you need to let me know what you thought. Very Happy

I most certainly will. You got great taste. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scourge's Daughter wrote:
Fleur wrote:

Thank you! Haha, last night I bought the tickets to see the show again next month!

BTW - If you get the chance, you should look into getting The Grimmerie. It's an AMAZING book with lots of info about the characters, stuff they do behind-the-scenes, and they have interviews with some of the actors who have done the main roles. It's REALLY cool! Smile
Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleur wrote:
Scourge's Daughter wrote:
Fleur wrote:

Thank you! Haha, last night I bought the tickets to see the show again next month!

BTW - If you get the chance, you should look into getting The Grimmerie. It's an AMAZING book with lots of info about the characters, stuff they do behind-the-scenes, and they have interviews with some of the actors who have done the main roles. It's REALLY cool! Smile

I'll definately keep that in mind, thank you. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: