Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

GoG or Warriors?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

GoG or Warriors?
Guardians of Ga'Hoole!
78%
 78%  [ 41 ]
Warriors!
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 52

Helix1500

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dided? lolz

And well, ya i guess wesaid the same ting, but i still like Coryn
Youtube: rawlinbrooks
Ammeg of Kiel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ting? lol

It's called a typo! Wink

Well, I think he was just a nuissance to the Band.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i read it as 'die-ded'

And i think the onlytime he was a nuissance to the band was only in the Exile, other than that, he wz cool Cool
Ammeg of Kiel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my new novel:

EGGY AND CORYN, THE NUISSNACES!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helix1500 wrote:
if u mean borron & Barran, thy died because Coryn had the ember clutched in his talons.

No, obviously I meant Mr. McHampants and Mrs. Cornball.

OF COURSE I MEANT BORON AND BARRAN.

And I know that's the reason they died- I was making a joke.
Ammeg of Kiel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helix, please understand that Koj only lives to make us laugh!

*sides with Koj, although...he needs to do a certain something*

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh ok lol sorry its hard to hear expressions in text lol srry about dat
Ammeg of Kiel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool! I'm twelve and I think Koj is young as well, so we do...funy....thingamabobs...

THE STRIGA DID IT
- I give credit to AW for that!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I gotta calm down. Sorry 'bout that, Helix.

Anyways... the discussion continues. =O
Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all want to know what the real wastes of Warriors were?

Twilight, Dark River, and Outcast!

Twilight: Just four things. WindClan's jerk-waddedness, Leafpool's melodrama, Brambleclaw's random bossiness, and Ashfur's flirtiness?
Okay, I can understand Onestar wanting to proove that WindClan doesn't need to be looked after and wants to show all that they can survive on their own, but they took it way too far. Onestar (who really is worth only one star as a leader) freakin' EXPLODED at his deputy when she was only WORRIED ABOUT HER MISSING SON! Wanting to show your strength is one thing, but being full blown jerkfaces are quite another. Wasn't the whole point of Tallstar's deputy switch all about bringing friendship between the clans and prevent mindless violence? Ugh, a definate point-misser.
So, let me get this straight, they met for only three days maybe, hated each others guts at first, but ever since Leafpool saved Morningflower and a mere day or two later, Crowfeather saved her, they were pretty much, "OMG, YOU ARE SO PURTY AND HEROIC! LET'S BE MATES!!11!!11!!11!" That's not twu-wuv dude, that's just plain lust. Look at Feather x Crow, they were called on for an important quest (that took two or three moons maybe), they started out as aquaintences, then friends, and then it grew to love, with them bonding as well. Now, THAT is well thought out and well written. Vicky Holmes called Feather x Crow a high school crush and said that Leaf was Crow's true love. WTF? Uh, Holmes, I think you got it backwards, Feathertail was what I call, Crowfeather's soulmate (he even requested to be frickin' NAMED after her) and Leafpool would be what I call, the high school crush! But, being a poor editior that she is, Holmes refused to see the logic. Not to mention, I really hated Leafpool's self-pity and melodrama. Treating her sister like dirt, even when she just asked her an innocent question about Sorreltail and PROVOKING HER MENTOR AS WELL AS MEDICINCE CAT?! Whom she tried to abandon because of, "WAAAH! BRIGHTHEART IS TRYING TO STEAL MY CALLING!!11!!11!!11! NOBODY WUVS AND RESPECTS ME LIKE CROWY!!11!!11!!11! I KNOW, I'LL ABANDON MY OWN CLAN, WHO HAD SHOWN NOTHING BUT KINDNESS TO ME TO GO WITH HIM EVEN THOUGH I BARELY MET HIM AND HOW HE'S FROM ANOTHER CLAN THAT'S NOT TAKING KINDLY TO MY OWN LATELY!!11!!11!!11!" Honestly, I really dislike Leafpool, not only is she a female dog, but, she frickin' FLIRTED with Crowfeather when he's got a NEW MATE (whom he is merely using and taking poor Nightcloud for granted). And, not to mention, the run-away scene lasted for what? Four pages? And, they come back? Honestly? What was the whole hype? It was a poorly written plot-line and an equally poorly written romance. Gray x Silver were very rushed too, I'll admit, but at least it was much, much more beautifully written and gave birth to a heart-wrenching and heart-warming after-plot. Ugh, curse you, Leafpool.
So, Brambleclaw get's an urge to become deputy for one split second and transforms into a jerk-i-saurus rex and treats poor Squirrelflight like dirt as well as boss others around like he owns the clan? Not to mention, he became the ultimate hypocrite by spending time with his MURDEROUS and INFAMOUS father after the whole climax in The Darkest Hour?! WTF?!!! Ugh, I love Brambles, but I just wanted to dunk him into a toilet after reading Twilight. Thank God he became mostly normal again at the end!
Ashfur. . . . why is this jealous piece of waste so d@mn popular? Nobody gave to shrimps about him in the books before Starlight, but ever since said book came out, everybody and their grandma thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread! WTF? "OH, ASHY IS SUCH A SWEETY TO MEAN OL' SQUIRRELFLIGHT EVEN THOUGH SHE TOTALLY USED HIM!!11!!11!!11! SHATTERSHIPPING IS THE BEST!!11!!11!!11! I LUV HIM!!11!!11!!11! HE MUST HAVE MORE LUV AND RESPECT!!11!!11!!11! ASH-HATERS ARE SUCH MEANIES!!11!!11!!11!" I'm like, oh, my frickin gosh! D:< If anything, Ashfur was trying to steal SQUIRRELFLIGHT from Brambleclaw and threw a deadly fit when she told him NICELY how she was always meant to be with Brambleclaw and even told him how STARCLAN wants her to be with the tabby! It's because of Ashfur's petty tantrum that Firestar nearly lost a life in the trap as well as the rest of them and how Leafpool's three kits were nearly slaughtered and that the dreaded secret got out! Not so sweet now is he? If you ask me, he definately had it coming with his death, and am quite happy that he got killed. I just wish that it was confirmed that he joined the Dark Forest instead of StarClan! But, it's poor Squirrel and Bramble that's getting the hatedom by the fantards instead of him. Ugh, Ashfur is one of my least favorite characters in the whole series! >.>

On scale of 1 - 10, I give Twilight 5/10.

Dark River: So, let me get this straight, Jayfeather went from being a crabby cry-baby to a wangsty jerk(-with-a-heart-of-gold) because he found some random, ancient cat's stick? Lionblaze went from being a well-meaning, kind tom to being a tragic romantic hero with a major attitude problem? Hollyleaf went from being a loyal and eager she-cat to a code-obsessed order-breaker (went to see Willowshine despite Firestar's orders)? Lionblaze, formerly the Hunter, is now the Fighter and Hollyleaf is the dainty Hunter instead of the Fighter? RiverClan's big problem were. . . . hyper-active twoleg kids? The whole Rock-and-the-Ancients thing (who are pretty much filler characters so far in my opinion)? Heathertail? WindClan bullying ThunderClan for no reason? Kits lost in the tunnels? WTF?
It really disgusted me how Lionblaze went from a nice guy to an egotistic jerk and picked a fight over the most ridiculous things and how he cause ANOTHER FORBIDDEN LOVE. His former girlfriend, Heathertail, is a real pain in the hindquarters by the way. She pretty much whined whenever Lionblaze didn't vist her often enough and FLIRTED with Lionblaze RIGHT IN FRONT OF FIRESTAR! Ugh.
As for Jayfeather, I'm actually kind of glad that he gained some maturity, but. . . . due to a stick (that caused a ridiculous fandom shipping)? WTF? He may have gotten more mature, but he's still a wangsty headache. Not to mention, his POV's are usually kind of boring in my honest opinion. I mean, don't get me wrong, he does have his likable moments and I don't dislike him, but I just never understood what caused the whole trend about him. : /
Hollyleaf, she's one of my favorites, but she disappointed me in this one. She DIDN'T EVEN ATTEMPT to fight back when Lionblaze was abusing her in the training session and just WHINED instead. She did kind of irk me with her sudden code-addiction and urge to disobey her CLAN LEADER to see a cat from ANOTHER CLAN when she should've taken his advice and mind her own buisness.
Ugh, WindClan. What the hell was WindClan's problem? Not wanting to accept anymore help from ThunderClan is one thing (even though they were quite blunt about it), but trying to steal THUNDERCLAN'S PREY and sneering and bullying them? WTF?! It's nausiating! Lionblaze should've knocked off some of Onestar's nine lives and his chip-shoulder! >.>
The Ancients, they were intresting at first. They were a new twist. But, if you've read the rest of the books, they're now fillerish. First, they were all "You must listen to us, young Jayfeather. You need and want our guidence. Do as we say, and you'll be with us always!!11!!11!!11!" But, ever since Jayfeather found out about his true heritege, Rock was all "Yeah, sure I lied to you, but what the hell. You're not my problem. I'm no cat's friend. I just do what I needed to do. So, screw you." And, after the infamous stick scene (which really should've been broken after it did its mission in Dark River), that was the last we ever heard from Fallen Leaves, Rock, and the Ancients! Why did they ever appear in the first place when StarClan, the clans' own ancestors, would've told Jayfeather the same things? Sure, the Ancients said some important things, but if it was all just. . . . that, then why did we ever need them or should care about them at all? It really makes no sense if you stop and think about it.
The role-change really peeved my off. Hollyleaf was the fighter and Lionblaze was the hunter in the previous book. But, IN JUST ONE BOOK AFTER THE PREVIOUS, Lionblaze is now the stereotypical macho fighter while Hollyleaf is now the stereotypical attractive hunter (in Eclipse, she's not even the best hunter anymore because of dang Lionblaze)! I know it had to do with the Power thing, but it still peeved me off, especially when Lionblaze out-bests Hollyleaf in BOTH stills in old PO3 #4. Grrrr.
RiverClan's problem were human children? WTF? Can't they just hide until the brats leave, giving the brats no excuse to trespass on their land? Why were they so whiney about staying on the Island? Isn't that where they wanted to live at in the first place? They don't count their blessings? They got so melodramatic over something so small and. . . . brief? *shakes head*
A trio of mischevious WindClan kits got loose in the tunnel, Fallen Leaves calls Jayfeather a brother despite that they just barely met, Heathertail was a total drama queen, it caused a huge disturbence in the clans, and that was the whole point about the stupid stick, something that was so unoriginal and can be considered an everyday problem? What a gip. And, of course, one of the kits was stupid enough to blab about the tunnels to a bunch of ungrateful, pathetic clanmates in two books later, and caused them to launch an attack on ThunderClan in the so-called Great Battle for no bleeding reason at all! Why was RiverClan even involved with WindClan in the first place? I don't even. . . .

All in all, I give Dark River 4.5/10 stars.

Outcast: FILLER! FILLER!! FILLER!!! The whole bleeding thing was about a trek to the rockies to help an outcasted Stormfur and Brook to help their sullen tribemates to scare away some scrawny, bullying, rogues. Really? That was the whole threat? THAT? WTF?! Aren't the cave-guards SUPPOSED to be the daring fighters and patrol and guard the caves from trouble-makers, trouble-makers that are no bigger than lil' Ravenpaw? Seriously? Honestly, the Tribe was all, "WE DON'T PATROL OR FIGHT!!11!!11!!11! WE FIGHT EAGLES, NOT INTRUDING ROGUE-KITTIES!!11!!11!!11! WE NEVER PATROL BECAUSE WE'RE TOO DIGNIFIED AND LAZY!!11!!11!!11! STORMFUR MUST LEAVE BECAUSE HE WAS TRYING TO MAKE US TOUGH AND TRIED TO FIND BACK BONES FOR US!!11!!11!!11!" Really, they were much more aggressive towards the outcasts of Moonrise than they ever were of these five rogues!!! There really were that few of rogues, and yet, a big tribe of mud-covered cats can't knock them away?! Good GAWD! If anything, this whole entire novel (if you can call it that) looked like an excuse to see the tribe again and see how big-egoed Lionblaze is so muy-muy macho! The best part about the whole thing was Hollyleaf's desire for leadership! And, the whole traveling schtick is getting real stale, almost as stale as the forbidden romances! Of all the Warriors books I've read, this one is by far my least favorite. No other words can decribe this waste.

3.5/10 from me.

Woah, great StarClan, that took much longer to type than I thought! Boy, when I rant, I really rant!

Well, that's all for now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warriors rant FTW.

That was just... woah. Awesome opinions XD
GuardianDaystar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V GHFN3192 81RCFCVRO13VB2VY9ET CN2BJNHACIFRCB3QQQQQ VOQU3

Okay WOW I'm about to.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I make this HUGE reply and my computer decides to be a jerk and randomly exit the thing. FNWEBOGRVQ YYYYYYYY483BV894B3OGBAE6GWHATTHEHECKCOMEON.

*huff, huff, huff*

Okay, I'm just going to TRY and sum up what I said quick enough:

I personally feel the real fails of Warriors are Bluestar's Prophecy and Sunrise. I agree that Twilight, Dark River, and Outcast were fails, though. I ranted a bit about LeafXCrow but I want to make this quick now so I won't.

I'm just going to say that I hated Bluestar's Prophecy because A. Tons of short sentences and one sentence, usually one SHORT sentence, paragraphs. It made Erin sound like she was trying to sound clever but it was TERRIBLE. And B. Bluefur being SO DIFFERENT THAN BLUESTAR, and being overall a major jerk and grump head.

Now Sunrise.

Wow. What a fail. Seriously NOTHING was resolved. In TDH and Sunset everything was resolved (there was the ThunderClan traitor not resolved in Sunset but that wasn't as bad) but nothing closed up Sunrise. All that happened was Hollyleaf went crazy. I think Sol should have been introduced earlier, as an obvious villain, and then there would be a showdown of powers with the Three (Hollyleaf should have been one of the Three ;-Wink and Sol. Come on. It'd be epic. :3 And Hollyleaf was the only main charrie in that series that I could stand.

The fourth series was a fail, too. Tbh I'm ashamed to have bought Night Whispers, and even worse, finished it. Dovepaw is a brat. She's maturing a bit now I guess but overall Ivypaw is MUCH more likable and I wish she were the Third instead. Overall Erin needed to wrap things up with Po3 and have the fourth be a whole new thing, preferably not in the same time with Firestar and all that. I know she's doing that with the fifth series but tbh I don't want to buy that. I will, though. I just feel like I have to buy the Warriors books... ;-; But yeah. I just hope after the fifth she wraps it up. I doubt she will, though. If the series REALLY dies and people finally realize it's not that good, MAYBE, but overall I think it's gonna continue for a while. :/

@AW

Ummmmmm... yeah.
*MAJOR SPOILERS FOR BOOK 3*

In Forest of Secrets Bluestar tells Fireheart who her kits are: Mistyfoot and Stonefur of RiverClan, and her mate was Oakheart. Usually half-Clan kits stay with their mother but Bluefur gave up her kits because she wanted to be deputy (if she wasn't deputy Thistleclaw would be, and she was afraid he would make ThunderClan a mini-ShadowClan, 'cept probably worse. xP) So she gave them to Oakheart, who told their foster mother, Graypool, that he found them. ;3
Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair on young Bluestar, not only was she a youth in her super-edition (youths' personalities greatly differ from adults' personalities), but she went through enormous heart-break. I mean, a MEDICINE CAT from another clan SLAUGHTERED HER MOTHER when he could've simply batter and chase her away! But, instead, he mindlessly murdered Bluepaw/star's mother and SNEERED AND JEERED AND PRACTICALLY TAUNTED HER afterwards, AND AT A GATHERING TOO! Plus, Bluepaw/star endured through more agonies of heart-break after that tear-jerker. So, you can't blame Bluepaw/fur/star for being a "major jerk" and a "grump head". But, I do agree, the informal slang in the book did irk me a bit too. I can understand with PO3 and OOTS, seeing how they're the later series and language must've evolved over time, but this book was a PREQUEL to the original series, back when they spoke formally! But, other than the slang thing, I absolutely loved B.P, and even consider it to be in my top ten favs.

On PO3, yeah. Comparing to the other series, this series was kind of disappointing, seeing how it was just one, giant, prologue to the fourth series, but it picked up a bit in Eclipse though. And, it definately picked up in Sunrise and in OOTS. I'm kind of suprised that you hated Sunrise. Comparing to the dullness of Dark River and Outcast, the mild randomness of Eclipse, and the minor slowness of Long Shadows, Sunrise was when crap got real. A Whodunit murder, Hollyleaf's break-down, Lionblaze's maturity, Jayfeather finding out something jarring and shocking, the revelation of who borne the original three, the heroic death of a warrior, Hollyleaf's mysterious disappearence, and the birth of the actual third cat and her sister. So, if you ask me, Sunrise was loaded with climax.

And, give OOTS some time, only three of the books were released. Dovepaw was bratty because she's just an. . . . apprentice? And, I happen to find this series to be a lot more action-packed than PO3. But, I can't force you to read the rest of OOTS if you don't want to. : /

P.S, hope your computer gets better. I hate it when mine malfunctions. Maybe try to highlight your post and copy it before you try to post anything? Just so you won't have to re-type it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowpaw went through the same thing! Yet she stayed positive. So really I don't get Bluefur (I guess Bluepaw then)'s problem.
And I guess that could be, but... it wasn't THAT long ago. The elders in the first series don't talk like that, or nor do cats from field guides in even older times. It was a lot of the DESCRIPTION that I'm talking about, really. I can't even enjoy the book because I'm too busy groaning about the bad writing. T.T

For Sunrise it was just the fact that NOTHING. WAS. RESOLVED. Sol needed to be introduced earlier imo. Then the end should have had an epic showdown with Sol VS Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and maybe Hollyleaf. I wouldn't mind Hollyleaf going crazy and "dying", and even having Dovepaw come and be the real "third", but I felt SOMETHING needed to be resolved. Nothing was really accomplished. And honestly, I was able to find out pretty easily that Hollyleaf was the murder. Squirrelflight was a no-no, too obvious, and same with Sol, really. The only plus for Po3 imo was no forbidden romance... there was Heatherpaw and Lionpaw, but... I found that more of a crush, maybe even friendship.

By the third book, both the first two series were good. And Ivypaw isn't a brat. Firepaw wasn't a brat. Graypaw wasn't a brat... the list goes on. I don't mind some bratty apprentices/characters but I don't think Erin should make somebody like that a main character.

Tbh I don't care about action much in Warriors. I'm in it more for the drama. Razz The action scenes are never really THAT long and it all seems to go to fast I can't get into the battle like I can with GoG (there's a plus for GoG. xP) I'm going to finish OotS because... I just know I will, though honestly I'd rather not. Warriors is kinda nostalgic for me, so... that's why I'll probably keep buying them. Razz

It wasn't really a malfunction, I don't think... I think I accidentally pressed some weird key that made it do that. It's happened before and I remember each time I had accidentally pressed some weird key. P:
Koj09

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should make a Warriors topic in OD for these Warriors rants... XDDD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: