Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

Do you believe in ghosts?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 27 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Maybe
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 47

CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is just under two years old. Although it's quite an interesting one which we commonly think every so often in our lives.

When I was younger I use to believe in them, now I have been going back and forth from believing to not believing. I have sensed and felt weird things more then saw and heard. Although, once I was looking outside and I did see something weird happen to a car shadow not so long ago in the middle of the night. The shadow looked bigger compared to the others, plus the light was directly above it. Watching it closely I saw a large piece of the shadow break away from the main body like wax in a lava lamp and then the shadow was smaller. But, of course since it was so far away and I was so tried it could have been an animal of some kind creeping away, but that would mean it was 1/3 the size of a 4 by 4 and in central London...
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Believer here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe in like spirits or anything because I don't think there's an afterlife but I have really no idea about ghosts. I remember I read or saw on tv somewhere that ghostly looking things could be beings from other dimensions passing into ours. I suppose that makes sense.
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I and my Mum have always found it odd how people can see ghosts with cloths on. Do people take cloths to the afterlife?

Also, I had an experience just a few months (I think) after my Nan died when I was five. This is from what my Mum told me when I got older. I was sitting on my bed when my Mum walked passed my door, she said she heard me talking to someone; so she looked in and asked who I was talking to as there was no one there with me. I replied that I was talking to my Nans twin sister and that she was sitting with me on the bed right there and then. But the weird thing is no one knew my Nan had a twin sister at that time. So my Mum did some resreach and found that my Nan did have a twin sister and she’s been freaked out about it ever since, keeps telling everyone I can see things others can not. I have to ask her to see what I was saying to my Nan's twin sister, I think my Mum told me once before, not 100% sure. I think she told me I was talking to her about the things I liked.
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, okay, lemme get this straight, Zemie...you don't believe in spirits because OBVIOUSLY an afterlife is out of the question, but you can totally dig ghosts as being other-worldly creatures passing through dimensions? Gotcha.

(unless it was sarcasm. In which case, I blame the internet)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if there is an afterlife or not, I don't think it would make a lot of sense, but yeah the parallel dimension thing doesn't make a lot of sense either. I really have no idea what I'm talking about.
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, that's fine. I just found it kind of funny.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some it doesn't make sense. You need to understand what it is first.
cookiekiwi24

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abaila wrote:
I sort of do, sort of don't. When I'm alone at my school, it feels haunted and creepy, but when other people are there (like in the morning, during lunch, or after school) it just feels normal. X3 But my old elementary school may as well have been OUTRIGHT huanted. It's a long story about that red hand-shaped paint marking one day appearing on one of the pillars by the girl's bathroom... Eh, yeah. And bloody Mary the legend of the ghost girl who comes when you call her name by the mirror didn't help (not when you're a gullible little second-grader). XD

The last part is so true! I belive in werewolves and sprits but I believe that they are on earth because that have unfinished business. They are normally nice I think.
Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live with a tall, thin ghost; a short, fat ghost; a pointy-headed ghost with bad breath; and a friendly ghost with a bulby head.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw what you did there.

Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O rly?

click

THIS REVIEWER TOTALLY REALIZES THAT THE MLP:FIM REFERENCES GET WAY TOO FREQUENT ON THIS SITE AND HOW THEY HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO GET TOPICS OFF-TOPIC. BUT, THIS WAS COMPLETELY UNAVOIDABLE. BUT, FROM HEREAFTER, THIS REVIEWER PROMISES TO GO EASY ON THE GUMBALL-COLORED PONY POSTS.

COPYRIGHTED 2012 @ OWL FANTASY FORUM.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookiekiwi24 wrote:
Abaila wrote:
I sort of do, sort of don't. When I'm alone at my school, it feels haunted and creepy, but when other people are there (like in the morning, during lunch, or after school) it just feels normal. X3 But my old elementary school may as well have been OUTRIGHT huanted. It's a long story about that red hand-shaped paint marking one day appearing on one of the pillars by the girl's bathroom... Eh, yeah. And bloody Mary the legend of the ghost girl who comes when you call her name by the mirror didn't help (not when you're a gullible little second-grader). XD

The last part is so true! I belive in werewolves and sprits but I believe that they are on earth because that have unfinished business. They are normally nice I think.

Oh no please. Don't drag back my old posts uggggggggh T^T
Ammeg of Kiel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abila. Hey, hey, hey.

Ghosts? Totally real. Sometimes. When I watch those discovery channel shows, I'm set on the fact that they're fake.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,I do think there could be ghosts. My best friend likes true ghost tales. My Mother once put down her glasses when she was at her friend's house. Then she noticed they were dangling from a chandeleir. She asked the host what she thought and the host only laughed. Then oneday she went into this friend's closet. It was freezing! Like 40 degrees! Shocked The rest of the house was 70 degrees. There wasn't an AC in there either! She was more curious than scared. The party was a sleepover. In the middle of the night she heard noise in the attic. The next day she heard a scream! "YEEEEEK!"
When she checked it out she saw an unfamiliar chair in the attic facing a window, but the chair was tilted to the right. She asked the host what was going on, and finally she answered,"My boyfriend died on Cherry Lane, and that is where the chair is facing." Sure enough, the Chair was faced on the intersection of Cherry Lane and Willis Drive. My mother asked, "Is this the ghost that stole my glasses?"
[The host disappeared before her very eyes.
Okay, maybe I made the part in orange up. But I'm telling you, by my word everything else is real!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: