Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

In The Owlry
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Harry Potter Owls RP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: In The Owlry Reply with quote

Lekka ruffled her feathers as she settled down onto her usual perch. It was the beginning of a new school year at Hogwarts, and she as well as many other owls had delivered to the cozy Owlry, where one could stay warm as well as breathe the fresh night air. Obviously the year-round owls, as they were called, were already there, ready for an unfortunate student who did not have their own owl.

Peering through one of the windows, Lekka let out a soft coo as she took in the dark scene; the bright fall-colored leaves were blanketed in a soft, dark blue darkness as evening settled over the Hogwarts castle. After a few minutes of gazing, she turned to the owl next to her and beamed,

"Isn't it all lovely?"
goglover!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jega looked in the through the window with many owls as Gremple talked with his friend. He saw an owl speaking to the one next to it and cocked his head to listen. He wondered what it was like in there, as he had spent his whole life with Gremple, so he flew in as someone walked out. "Hello, what is it like in here?" He asked the owl who had spoken to the one next to her.

Thanks for the sig of Gemma, QE!
Adain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delighted at the chance of another conversation, Lekka replied eagerly,

"Oh, it's absolutely wonderful here! The Owlry is where we are; the coziest nook an owl could hope for! It provides shelter from the rain, and there are excellent hunting oppertunities at all times of the day! Just be sure to stay out of the Forbidden Forest," Lekka's voice dropped lower so that they wouldn't be heard as well, "there are creatures in there that have attacked owls in the past."

Suddenly brightening, she concluded,

"But other than that, you have nothing to worry about; other than delivering mail to the right places; obviously."

She smiled warmly at the obvious newcomer, and in a flash of wings, was gone to catch a vole she had heard pitter-pattering in the grass below. Swooping downward, talons out-stretched, she caught the vole easily enough and swiftly bit its head off, returning to the Owlry window and beginning to pick at the flesh, searching for the tenderest parts.

"By the way," Lekka spoke as she glanced up from her food, "my name is Lekka. What's yours, luv?"
Twilight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uvoden flew in and settled on his perch, the one closest to the window. He heard three owls in conversation but he didn't really feel like talking. He closed his eyes as more and more owls flew in. Uvo sighed as he looked at the clouds in the dark skies.
"Ah, it'll probably rain next night." Uvo sighed happily to himself. He had an unusual liking for rain after Seamus, his owner, forced Uvoden to fly through rather bad rain. Uvo found the sound of it calming and it didn't seem that difficult to fly through it.
goglover!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Jega." Jega bowed his head. "And the forbidden forest just seems like a chalenge to me!" Jega puffed up. "Have you ever been in it?"

Twilight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time Uvoden opened his eyes and despite his rather silent nature decided that he might as well join the conversation.
"I have." Uvoden said ."And the creatures look interesting. But you wouldn't want to get to close to them."
Adain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lekka gave a quick nod.

"As have I," she said gravely. "a Thestral nearly caught me in its jaws. I was foolish when I had just learned to fly. I never want to see that place again, as much as it might seem like home for an owl. No thank you."

She shook her head vigorously and wilfed slightly, before returning to the vole clasped in one of her talons.
Twilight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A Thestral you say?" Uvoden asked."I find it rather entertaining to try and dodge them when they try to attack. All you need to do is hide behind a tree. But it's rather hard to dodge a Thestral if you can't see one."
Uvoden suddenly looked more serious as he asked Lekka "Wait, can you see Thestrals?"
Adain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lekka paused from her eating and gave a quick nod before tearing into the remaining flesh of the vole, swallowing the meaty contents.

"They're awful," she shuddered. "the most vile creatures to walk these school grounds."

She was feeling so faint that she convulsed a pellet, then another, and a third, slightly smaller in size than the previous pellets. Steadying herself, Lekka spoke softly,

"I'm so sorry. Excuse me."
wounds that never heal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope came in with a mouse.She hoped she could manage to deliver the mail tomorrow.She swallowed the mouse.She got a little worried when she saw a bolt of lighting.She suddenly remebered when she deliverd Almilia's chirstmas present last year,and when her parents wraped it,Hope yarped a pellet[accidently]and when Amila unrapped it,she found te pellet.Hope giggled lightly.
Twilight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uvoden blinked as Lekka yarped pellets and when she stopped, he looked at her with a slight concern.
"Are you okay? I know that Thestrals may seem rather bad but they're not the worst. At least not compared to werewolves. The sight of those 'em freaks me out to be fair."
Uvoden ruffled his feathers at the memmory. "Once you see a werewolf attack somebody, Thestrals seem almost wonderful."
Adain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You'd think differently if you knew how close those jaws had come," Lekka murmured, closing her eyes and forcing herself to stop from swaying on the perch. "I've never met a werewolf, nor would I ever like to."
Another pellet landed on the floor beneath her feet as Lekka felt a wave of nausea sweep over her brain. Shaking her head, she hopped back over to the window ledge and let a chilly breeze bring her back to her senses.
Twilight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I already have." Uvoden replied."And you're right. A werewolf is the one thing you don't want to see."
Uvode closed his eyes and remembered how he saw a werewolf not only attack but also kill a human child. Uvo, being young and foolish, tried to distract the werewolf but still, despite his effort the human child was killed. That's why Uvoden was able to see Thestrals. And during the same night, Uvoden flew right into a Thestral. It tried to eat him too.
"I've encountered a Thestral and a werewolf at the same night. I don't think I was able to fly even high above the forest for a week or so even though that's not where I had seen both of those beasts."
Adain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lekka turned back to Jega and apologized,

"I'm sorry, Uvo and I probably ruined your first night here. Just thinking about the forbidden forest makes me feel queezy. But if you know what's good for you, avoid going into there unless you want to look into the face of death."

Shaking her head again, Lekka fluttered up to a much higher perch, next to a window, and breathed in the fresh air that was continuously blown in.
goglover!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, no, of course not. I love a good conversation of danger." Jega flew up and slashed at the air with his talons then perched back down. "I've been in plenty of fights and have gotten a many scars; the forbidden forest sounds liek a great place to me!" Said Jega, flying away to the forest, ignoring the warnings. Jega prowled through the forest, looking for some kind of creature. Jega was startled when there was a bite at his tail, damaging his feathers and making it hard to fly. Jega flew straight back to find the creature. Most owls would think of him as foolhardy, but he wasn't scared. He flew lower, searching for the creature. There was another snap and he found himself in the jaws of a huge creature. He pushed hard but couldn't escape. He finally had an idea. He very lightly tickled the creatures mouth with his wing tip. He heard a snarl and he was free. He flew back, thinking that the whole thing was fun. He alighted in the owlry again. "Whoo! I was nearly swalowed live! An' i gots this ta' prove it!" He turned around to show his tail feathers. "Hey, it may make flyin' harder but it was worth it!" He cried out in excitment. Although, he didn't know that the creature that he was facing wasn't much of a chalenge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Harry Potter Owls RP All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

Jump to: