Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

Roleplay?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> GoG Role Play Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cassafrass1999



Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 68

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Roleplay? Reply with quote

Ok, first things first. I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area of the forum (I wasn't sure where to put it), because if it is feel free to move it mods! Smile Well, here's the question...what exactly IS roleplay? Embarassed Is it where you can create your own character and make a story with other people or...what? Because if it is something to do with that then that us seriously AWESOME since I love to write! Very Happy Thanks in advance for answering my question! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
>_Mikey_<
Moderator


Joined: 22 Jul 2007
Posts: 9919
Location: Avalon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's exactly what it is! feel free to read the topics in the actual role play section to see how it works a bit, and there is a form here that you must make with your character in order for it to be used:

http://owlpages.info/fantasy/viewtopic.php?t=4726

_________________
take some time to enjoy the stormy weather
last fm
deviantart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cassafrass1999



Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 68

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>_Mikey_< wrote:
Yep, that's exactly what it is! feel free to read the topics in the actual role play section to see how it works a bit, and there is a form here that you must make with your character in order for it to be used:

http://owlpages.info/fantasy/viewtopic.php?t=4726

Ah, ok! Thanks Mikey! I will check those out...I may just have to try Role Play! It sounds fun! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lutenissa



Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 307
Location: Wherever a kitten is!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm thinking about not becoming a Pure One in the roleplay afterall. I don't know, I love the Great Tree so much. It's just king of nice getting to see in the villan's point of view!
You are'nt the only one who loves to write Cassafrass1999.
_________________
Dis is Fleur dis Lee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cassafrass1999



Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 68

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutenissa wrote:
Well, I'm thinking about not becoming a Pure One in the roleplay afterall. I don't know, I love the Great Tree so much. It's just king of nice getting to see in the villan's point of view!
You are'nt the only one who loves to write Cassafrass1999.

Cool! It's always nice to see other budding writers! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cassafrass1999



Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 68

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I think I get everything about this RP except one thing: what exactly is and does this "owner" of your owl do? Do you have to have an owner? Is it someone who keeps the owl as a pet, or the owls parents, or what? I am confused... :/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TCS.Bookman
Moderator


Joined: 15 Sep 2009
Posts: 5025
Location: I don't really know anymore. Woops!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, in an owl RP you ARE the owl. If you've ever read GoG, it's a lot like that. You are playing an animal. Now, we do have a Harry Potter Roleplaying area where, typically, we still play as the owls but I don't see why we couldn't have human characters too.

Since this is the GoG RP forum, though, it follows basically the rules of the world of GoG. If you haven't read the books, you should! In the meantime, we'd all be happy to help you along. It's pretty simple and we could totally abandon the complicated organizations like the Pure Ones, St. Aggies and the Guardians. Heck, I wouldn't mind just creating our own owl world. That would be really fun, too.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cassafrass1999



Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 68

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Gwendolyn"]Okay, in an owl RP you ARE the owl. If you've ever read GoG, it's a lot like that. You are playing an animal. Now, we do have a Harry Potter Roleplaying area where, typically, we still play as the owls but I don't see why we couldn't have human characters too.

Since this is the GoG RP forum, though, it follows basically the rules of the world of GoG. If you haven't read the books, you should! In the meantime, we'd all be happy to help you along. It's pretty simple and we could totally abandon the complicated organizations like the Pure Ones, St. Aggies and the Guardians. Heck, I wouldn't mind just creating our own owl world. That would be really fun, too.[/quote]
Ah ok...I understand now! Except for one thing...who is supposed to be the "owner" on my character? Like, who and what are they supposed to be exactly be? Sorry for all of these questions, but I am new to this RP...I have never done it before. Thanks for taking the time to help me out, everyone! Very Happy Oh, and yes, I am reading the books right now (although I am only on book two at the moment). I am working on reading them all, though! Smile
_________________
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there...
~ The Real World by Owl City
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CommanderEVE



Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 1315

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could set up a role-play for you to learn. Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cassafrass1999



Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 68

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="CommanderEVE"]We could set up a role-play for you to learn. Razz[/quote]
Ok...that would really help! Thanks so much for the offer! Very Happy
_________________
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there...
~ The Real World by Owl City
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TCS.Bookman
Moderator


Joined: 15 Sep 2009
Posts: 5025
Location: I don't really know anymore. Woops!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, under your post you have a list of things. I think you have "Disable BBCode in this post" checked. Uncheck it and quotes will work Smile

In a GoG roleplay at least, you don't have an owner. You are an independent owl in a world of owls. If you mean who controls the character, that would be you -- the person who created it. Like if I entered Gyryn, only I could decide what Gyryn does because he's my owl. And Gyryn would be the only owl I could control, I wouldn't be able to decide what your owl does because that's godmodding. But if it's a random character that doesn't belong to anyone, generally everyone has a bit of control; the only rule it making them act according to how they naturally would.

In short --
GoG roleplay has no human characters or "owners"
If it's your character as registered in the character forum, you are the only one who may control it
You can't control anyone else's registered character without their permission
Neutral characters not belonging to anyone are controlled by everyone
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cassafrass1999



Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 68

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwendolyn wrote:
Hey, under your post you have a list of things. I think you have "Disable BBCode in this post" checked. Uncheck it and quotes will work Smile

In a GoG roleplay at least, you don't have an owner. You are an independent owl in a world of owls. If you mean who controls the character, that would be you -- the person who created it. Like if I entered Gyryn, only I could decide what Gyryn does because he's my owl. And Gyryn would be the only owl I could control, I wouldn't be able to decide what your owl does because that's godmodding. But if it's a random character that doesn't belong to anyone, generally everyone has a bit of control; the only rule it making them act according to how they naturally would.

In short --
GoG roleplay has no human characters or "owners"
If it's your character as registered in the character forum, you are the only one who may control it
You can't control anyone else's registered character without their permission
Neutral characters not belonging to anyone are controlled by everyone

Ah ok, I was wondering why my quotes weren't working right. Thanks for the info! Very Happy And thanks so much for answering my RP question...I now truly know what I am doing. I think I have decided that I am going to create my own RP character! Very Happy
_________________
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there...
~ The Real World by Owl City
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CommanderEVE



Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 1315

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to seeing it. You can look at the others here for more understand on how it works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cassafrass1999



Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 68

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommanderEVE wrote:
I look forward to seeing it. You can look at the others here for more understand on how it works.

Thanks! I actually just made my character! You can check her out in the Character Pending section of this forum! Very Happy
_________________
Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there...
~ The Real World by Owl City
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> GoG Role Play Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.