Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

Wooden Chest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Guardians of Ga'Hoole
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ethenite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Wooden Chest Reply with quote

So I told my grandpa I wanted to make a wooden chest for the Guardian of Gahoole books (once I get the last 5). Once we do, I'll post pictures of it. Its gonna be like a chest that holds all 15 books and hopefully I can get it engraved by someone that says "Legend of the Guardians" on the top!
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love carving wood! This actually sounds like a cool project. I might make myself a book-box now...
Do update on whatever you manage to do, though! I would probably use my mad skills to make it fancy-looking, with like two owls on the front, some Krakish writing around the brim (or maybe the Guardian Oath?), feather quills plus some ink on the sides...oh, who knows. But this topic sprouted my curiosity, for sure Razz

I should really post some of my wood and sculpture art, huh? I actually haven't done much in the way of art with owls, but I could always start.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh please do! I would love to see it and maybe if my Gramps and I make the chest I can send it to you to get it engraved if I like it! Now you peaked my curiosity!
Ethenite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call out to all gog fans! If you have all 15 books can someone measure them from book 1 to 15 so I can get an approx. reading on how long they are together? I need the measurement in U.S measurements. (cm/in.)
.:Hortense:.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have all 15, sorry :(
Are you including the guide and lost tales? Guessing no..

"You can embrace the probability of your intiment death and know, in your heart, that there is nothing I can do to help you." ~Haymitch Abernathy
Ethenite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right...just the basic 15 books. The other 2 are extras that I might read or get...I just want to make the wooden chest soon with my gramps.
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will measure my collection tomorrow. I am missing two books but each is approx. the same size so it will be fairly accurate.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, what 2 books are you missing? If it's from book 10 under I can just add it on...
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a cool idea, you should sketch out an idea so we can all see. Always goo idea to create a draftsman sketch first, work out the dimensions and what not. I use to design my own spaceships when I was about 8 to 12, it was fun. Like this: http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/commandereve1/DeltaFighter-1.jpg

Soon I am going to see my friend, Corone, me and him might meet Falki, they both live in France I am taking the eurostar there. We are going to do some crazy stuff like going to make a real Pure One flag for laughs and giggles, we are also going to create some other stuff from Guardians of Ga'Hoole, and we could try and make our own wooden box. I have always have been good at making and putting things together ever since I was very young, I was obsessed with organization and how things work. But then again I could ask my brothers granddad to help me make one, he has been working with metals and wood for about 40 years and make anything from knifes and kitchen equipment to sofas, tables, chairs, doors.
Ethenite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thats nice eve!

Basically my box will be like this...

The wood engraving will be decided upon way later...but if i find a place for it to get engraved for a good price, its going to look like the movie title lettering!
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, it would be cool if you could carve in a owl in there somewhere too. I have some nice ideas for the front and top of the box. On the front you could have an owl carving with it's wing open, as if he/ she is greeting you to open the box, ya know? Although this is going to be a challenge.
Ethenite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is...my town doesn't have a wood engraver and I think the closest one is in another city away...put idk how much they'll charge on the engraving if I do get it...
Ethenite

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just got book 11-13...2 more to go untill the box can be made...plus i need to get the original cover for 1...
Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With no trace of bitterness here, Ethenite, I must say please do not double post. We keep telling you that there is indeed an edit button if you with to add or fix stuff to your post. I'm not trying to be grouchy, but it is getting annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: More Topics? Really? Reply with quote

Okay Ethenite... I'm sorry, but you're kind of getting on my nerves a little. Don't get me wrong-- I like you well enough, I think you're a nice person and all. But seriously? More topics? Even though I've pointed out to you several times that they aren't necessary? And here you go making another topic which could have easily gone on Night Flight. Plus, to rub a little proverbial salt into the proverbial wound, you have a tendency to double post often, once again despite my pointing out that there is a rule against that. I really don't mean to burst your bubble; I'm glad that you are going to build a book chest of awesomeness for the Ga'Hoole series, and I think it's a cool idea, but I wish that you would be a little more reserved in making new topics for every single thing that pops into your head. Now, I know that's a bit of an exaggeration, but to me it almost seems that way. Please, please, please, please, please think before you post something!

http://figment.com/books/110250-Tredecium-Equites
"Live the life you have imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

真夜中
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Guardians of Ga'Hoole All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: