Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

The Twilight Sentinels/Sentries of Blade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Story Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abaila

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: The Twilight Sentinels/Sentries of Blade Reply with quote

Post all comments here~
And it could be about anything related to The Twilight Sentinels/Sentries of Blade. Mr. Green

Note that I updated the thread and everything since I dunno, I guess I just wanted to post the rest of the story! Even if it's still a rough draft thingy LOL and because I honestly had a super nostalgic moment and came back on here and wanted to start posting again. Razz

Read the project here: http://www.owlpages.info/fantasy/viewtopic.php?t=5125

Last edited by Abaila on Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:28 am; edited 5 times in total
Koj09

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty good so far Very Happy Yra seems a bit bossy though... D:
Abaila

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so I can give her character developement- at first she's a little bossy. And besides, to make a character realistic, one must give them a few negetive traits~ You are lucky I hate Mary Sues and Gary Stus. (perfect characters) Otherwise this story would probably end up like Twilight- stupid because everyone on the good side is PERFECT. Look at Edward. Look at Bella. See what I mean? I could rant on that forever, but I should probably get back on topic.

Oh, and the story will be quite long, and keep in mind I love plot twists. So don't get angry when it seems that Twil'lya and another charater will fall in love, then suddenly one hates the other. And I also love mysteries too. And there IS violence. Nothing inappropriate, though, I don't like that kind of stuff, and it's not even allowed anyway. Wink

Last edited by Abaila on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Koj09

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive never watched twilight. i never wish to see twilight. kapeesh? the only twilight related thing that i wish to lay eyes on is Vampires Suck, the spoof on twilight. XD
Abaila

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, since Ammeg asked a question, here I go:

The Twilight Sentinels are supposed to be a sort of squad of five guardians/warriors. They are Twil'lya, Yra, Riikuu, Exondus, and Dus'sai. If you read the Song of Red Fire ((Attempt #7)), you won't understand the whole story. I'm writing another draft, The Golden Reaper, which is about Syrus and Zelloss, mainly. I had too many villains, so I decided to lay them out evenly per book. Though Neves is the main villain of it all. ((Also known as SEVEN. ;3))

***SPOILERS AHEAD IN CHARACTER DECRIPTION!***

So Twil'lya is a Greater Sooty Owl with a pure white face and dusky feathers, Exondus is a Snowy Owl with many dark, inky spots on her feathers and a moon-shaped, pale brown cresent-marking on her forehead. Dus'sai is a Bay Owl who has the ability to shapeshift, since he didn't come from Earth, like Sheri'una (Sheh-RAI-ihnuh), somebody you'll learn about later. Dus'sai was originally a Gar'ra ((Demon Owl)), but decided to become Earthbound as a Bay Owl, even though he lives forever and has all nine lives left if he gets killed or dies from disease. Yra is a white wolf with Snowy Owl wings, who has the gift of communicating with the gods and spirits. Riikuu is a red wolf with black bat wings who taught Yra how to unleash her own wings. He has the gift of fire, and later on learns that he can breathe fire. He is even selected as a smith at Dras'smyr, even though he is a wolf with paws. Many wolves after him find that paws can grasp the hammer, and eventually, wolf smiths become more widely known of.

End of spoilers.

Okay, the real draft, called The Golden Reaper, is pretty obviously about The Golden Reaper. It's also about Syrus, though, and sometime in the book, in some odd, distorted way, Neves is there. It's supposed to be hard to make her out, though, unless you read really carefully and think over it for a long, long time. infact, *spoilers* both she and the Golden Reaper have hollow souls, meaning that they have slowly lost grip of their inner evil, which everything has. Neves happens to cause it all, because she lost grip completely and could not go back. It turned out her inner evil took control of her, and she ended up twisting up Syrus, The Golden Reaper/Zelloss, Hen Owl, Iros, and by twisting The Golden Reaper, she ALSO ends up twisting up Exondus's soul. In turn, Exondus slowly becomes a Gar'ra, and starts to take control of Dras'smyr in the second book. She ends up killing off six of Dus'sai's lives, even though he was her former guide.

Okay, Ammeg. Is that enough? :S
Ammeg of Kiel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup! I hated Mary Sue's after our first attempt at RPing. It sounds awesome, though! Wolves with wings, those are in my new RP! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ammeg of Kiel wrote:
Yup! I hated Mary Sue's after our first attempt at RPing. It sounds awesome, though! Wolves with wings, those are in my new RP! Very Happy

Technically, yours. Or ours together. I'd only been in The War Begins at that time. XD

Anyway, they aren't Mary Sues. You have to read the book to know their whole personalities, or shall I list every single simple flaw about them? XD

Ammeg of Kiel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saud YOUR characters were Mary Sue's! I started reading already and I like it!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ammeg of Kiel wrote:
I never saud YOUR characters were Mary Sue's! I started reading already and I like it!

You really like that? Sadly, it was a failed attempt. You'd like The Golden Reaper better than Song of Red Fire. >.<
I got a writer's block before I even got to the frinking point, and it wasn't very well-paced.

Ammeg of Kiel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I have a link? Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ammeg of Kiel wrote:
May I have a link? Smile

I don't have a link for it. I need to edit it and put it up here.
Abaila

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for double post, but I have to...

UPDATE*****

This is actually being remade... I'm planning on posting the cover soon. This time it's not going to be a book, as honestly, I'm probably not going to publish ANY of my stuff as writing, so I might as well draw this version of TSoB as a manga. So... yeah, I'm on the cover, and planning the prologue of TSoB, instead of what I tend to do when writing, just going in without preparation for what'll happen.

Also, I'm rewriting Garnia of the Golden Talons- I'm going to finish it before posting, and actually create a cover for it. And I'm also going to draw a little storyboard even though it's a book. I don't know why, I just work that way... xD

TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to put a little thing at the beginning to tell people who aren't savvy with Japanese manga that you have to read it "backwards". "There was a goddess of war LONG AGO" works but doesn't sound as dramatic to the casual or new graphic novel reader Razz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Augh will do! xD

I'm just getting way too used to up-down, right-left... Maybe I should use English more... xD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Story Comments All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: