Left Owl Owl Fantasy Forum
Discussion about Owls in Fiction and Fantasy
Right Owl
Recent Posts | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in | OwlPages.com | Owlers Forum

Just Going To Creep In....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Welcome & Test Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kivia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Just Going To Creep In.... Reply with quote

Well howdy folks. My name is Kivia, but you can call me Kiv if you want. As you can see, I'm quite new, but not really new to the forum life. I'm a moderator on another forum/game called WolfQuest, but after being on that site for nearly four years now, wolves are just not all that interesting. I'm an owl lover anyways, so I thought I might as well join an owl forum. Seems like that would make sense~

What to say about myself... well I'm a 17 year old high school student in Delaware, though I'm going to be graduating this June. This fall I'll be going off to college to major in Wildlife Ecology, and I'm hoping to work with animals in the future (hopefully owls ;D). In my free time I'm usually moderating on WQ or just lurking around on the internet in general, or I'm off playing video games. My life sounds oh so exciting, I know. I promise I do more than that though.

And when it comes to owls, I love them. A lot. I'm sure a lot of you guys would say the same about yourselves, lulz. I collect a lot of owl-related things, and they're just about the only thing I draw too (I'm far from a master artist, more of a doodler). I'm also trying to get into photography, my avatar being of a barn owl I took a photo of at a zoo. Oh, and I like going out to my local park with my owl caller and having the Barred Owls come out. They are way too cute. <3
Aaaand, I like the GoG series. Been reading those since I was in 5th grade~

I'll try not to keep stretching out this introduction, so if you guys want to know anything else about me, feel free to ask I suppose^^
I hope to see you all around the forum! =D

Avatar photo by WabbyTwaxx on Flickr
CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kvia! Welcome to OFF!

4 years? Thatís some time, I was an Admin for a site called Death Doorway, it was a general chat and RP board, I was a Co - Admin for about 4 years too. I've also been a moderator on a lot of other sites too; it's good to get involved in a comity like that.

Good luck, I hope you do get a job working with owls, thatís would be awesome, showing commitment to something you adore. Like I like animation and of course, owls.

I have also collected a lot of owl related things; I think itís going to completely take over my desk one day. I was wonder, I wonder if there is a tread so you can show off your collections?

Also soon, in the next two weeks are so my Mum is going to take me to see some owls, so I am very excited about that since I have never seen one, only heard them on camping trips in the night.
Kivia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice to meet ya'. =D Yeah, four years is a long time, but it's because I love helping out the community there^^
That's awesomesace that you've been an admin even~

And if there is a thread, I'd have a lot to share from my collection. So many plushies and stuffed animals...

You've never seen an owl before? Ah man, you're going to get blown away, I promise. Absolutely amazing to see an owl. I had seen them at zoos, but last year was the first year I saw a wild Barred Owl out in my local park, so I had to get a call to see if they would come out, and sure enough, they did. I'd love to hear about your experience when you do see one. ;D

CommanderEVE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to meet you also.

Humm... I have looked around the site, used the search feature and I cannot find a thread about userís collections of objects relating to owls. I might make a tread unless one of the older members knows of a thread. You see, I have only been here a short time myself.

Oh I will be telling you all about it, now I am even more excited even though I was feeling glum about my essay.
Kivia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see. Well I'll be looking out for that thread then. ;D

An essay? Ick. What is it on, if I may ask?

midnightwave1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Welcome Kivia! Reply with quote

Hello, Kivia! Judging from the title of your welcome post, I hereby dub thee resident site creeper. :3

Anyways, I'm Midnight, a junior hailing from the mythical land of cheese curds, home of the legendary warriors, the Packers. To avoid future confusion, I'm a girl.

I'm not much of an artist myself, although I love looking at other people's works and sometimes draw something myself. No, I'm more of an artist of words. Aka, a writer. The story I'm working on right now is Tredecium Equites, and I've already gotten three chapters done on it. Figment will say five, but one chapter got cut into two because of certain restrictions, and the last one is translations. Read it if you like and tell me what you think, but be warned: it may take a while to get through it, and I am constantly going back and editing.

http://figment.com/books/110250-Tredecium-Equites
"Live the life you have imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

真夜中
TCS.Bookman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAH! How could I?

Hey Kivia, you can call me Gwen! I saw your topic but I was really busy, and just said to myself, "I'll reply later" and never did xP
So sorry about that, as I tend to be the one helping the newbies out. Anyways, you and I sound a lot alike. Maybe you could post some of your art for us to see, we have a special section for stuff like that Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the welcomes, Midnight and Gwen! =D

Midnight- Your land of cheese curds sounds like a wonderful place to visit~
And I'll definitely have to read that story of yours! On rare occasions I write myself, but my mind shifts so quickly between stories that interest me that I can never pump out a solid, well thought out tale. It's still enjoyable to write though, and that's awesome that you're really into it. ;D

Gwen- No need for apologies. xD And I'll definitely have to post some art sometime in the future- again, most of my stuff is just pointless doodles that most often go on my schoolwork. Because in all honesty, who does their work when it's just begging for owls to be drawn all over it?

Scourge's Daughter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am SD, Ablah General of St. OFF. My job is to teach you the Truth. We
discourage questions here as we feel they often distract from the Truth.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kivia, I'm Shadowstriker. You can call me Shadowstar or Shadow though. I don't speak about myself much. Although, I will tell you, I'm on the only inland Peninsula, MICHIGAN! Please, consider me aunt finny in some case. I will allow the occasional question here and there.

WELCOME TO OFF! You will find excitment.

Kamikaze airplanes in the sky
Are we going down or will we fly?
Kivia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually visit Michigan sometimes because my mom lives there. =D

Well again, thank you for the warm welcomes, guys~

Shadowstriker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. So, do you enjoy Michigan?

Kamikaze airplanes in the sky
Are we going down or will we fly?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Owl Fantasy Forum Forum Index -> Welcome & Test Posts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: